“General Authorities information &
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints information” website
(as well as a website containing several other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- To share a suggestion, comment, or correction, please send me an email at [email protected] .
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu, items listed alphabetically *
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- Basic LDS information and doctrine — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- Challenging questions — scriptural answers to challenging doctrinal questions, and “The Trial”
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
- Information — general and specific information concerning LDS doctrine, principles, and church history
- “Jesus The Christ” and “The Life of Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by James E. Talmage and Frederic William Farrar in their landmark books
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- Names, unique — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Personal items — books read, half-marathons run, astronomy, math problems, Spanish, English, KnoWhy index, Operation On Target
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Scriptures — commentaries, stories, scripture mastery verses
- Stories, quotes, jokes, puns, sermons — entertaining stories, quotes, scripture jokes and puns, including knee-slappers and groaners; also talks
- Talks, Classic — classic, timeless talks and sermons by our inspired General Authorities
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
(October, November, and December of 2022)
- Scripture joke of the month: Did Lehi have a pet insect? Apparently so, because in 1 Nephi 5:8, the Lord commanded Lehi to take his family and flea (flee) into the wilderness. More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here
- Hymn joke of the month: What is the favorite hymn of LDS weight lifters? Hymn # 243 — “Let Us All Press On” More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma — “Now Ammon being the chief among them, OR RATHER HE DID ADMINISTER UNTO THEM, and he departed from them..” It appears that the engraver did not want to give the impression that Ammon held a higher position or status than the other missionaries, so the initial idea of “chief among them” was modified by the additional phrase “rather he did administer unto them”. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month:
- QUESTION: Which early apostle was called to serve a mission in Toronto, Canada, and while there was instrumental in the conversion of a future President of the Church?
- ANSWER: Elder Parley P. Pratt was the early apostle who responded to a call from Joseph Smith to serve in Toronto. While there he met John Taylor (future third president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), John’s wife Leonora Cannon Taylor, and several members of the Fielding family, and they all soon united themselves with the Church.
- Quote of the month: President Russell M. Nelson said, “My dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to increase your spiritual capacity to receive revelation. Let this Easter Sunday be a defining moment in your life. Every blessing the Lord has for you — even miracles — will follow.” Apr 1, 2018.
- Vocabulary word of the month: calumny — ‘the making of false and defamatory statements in order to damage someone’s reputation; slander”. This word is used by Elder James E. Talmage in his classic book entitled “Jesus the Christ”. It can be found on page 410 line 33. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Elkley. Elkley’s father was a big-game hunter. These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Dee. Dee is a common name, but this Dee had the last name of FROST. This name and all others seen on this website are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Another interesting Church history fact: We will see a wonderful occurrence in the month of May 2023. President Henry B. Eyring will turn 90 years of age on May 31, 2023. This will be the first time in Church history that all three members of the First Presidency will be 90 years old and older.