“General Authorities information &
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints information” website
(as well as a website containing several other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- Click here to leave a suggestion, comment, or correction.
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu, items listed alphabetically *
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- Basic LDS information and doctrine — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- Difficult questions — scriptural answers to difficult doctrinal questions
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- ‘Miracle of Forgiveness’ scripture chains — scripture chains from President Kimball’s classic book, dealing with repentance
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- Names, unique — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Personal items — my journals, books I’ve read, half-marathons I’ve run, astronomy, math problems, Spanish, English
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Scriptures — commentaries, stories, scripture mastery verses
- Stories, quotes, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, quotes, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
( May and June 2019 )
- Scripture joke of the month: Luke — News reporters in the New Testament? This verse states, “Then came to him (Jesus) his mother and his brethren, and [they] could not come at him for the press.” More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the month: Favorite hymn of LDS Internal Revenue Service workers? Hymn # 219, “Because I Have Been Given Much” More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma — “..for, said he [Ammon], I will show forth my power unto these my fellow-servants, OR THE POWER WHICH IS IN ME, in restoring these flocks..” Apparently, the engraver wanted to clarify that is was not Ammon’s own power that restored the flocks, but the power which had been granted unto him by the Lord. Hence, the explanatory phrase “or the power which is in me”. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here
- Church history quiz of the month: QUESTION: Of all the dedicatory and re-dedicatory prayers that have been offered at temple dedications in this dispensation, only two have been given in a language other than English. Can you name those two occasions?
ANSWER: President Dieter F. Uchtdorf offered the re-dedicatory prayer for the Freiburg Germany Temple in German (September 2016) and Elder Dale G. Renlund offered the dedicatory prayer for the Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple in French (April 2019). More quizzes can be found by clicking here.
- Quote of the month: “I testify that bad days always come to an end, that faith always triumphs, and that heavenly promises are always fulfilled.” — Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.
- Vocabulary word of the month: largess– money or gifts given generously. This word can be found on page 562 of Jesus The Christ, by Elder James E. Talmage. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Funee (pronounced ‘funny’) . These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Cynch (pronounced ‘sinch’). Theses names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.