“General Authorities information &
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints information” website
(as well as a website containing several other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- To share a suggestion, comment, or correction, please send me an email at [email protected] .
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu, items listed alphabetically *
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- Basic LDS information and doctrine — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- Difficult questions — scriptural answers to difficult doctrinal questions
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- Names, unique — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Personal items — my journals, books I’ve read, half-marathons I’ve run, astronomy, math problems, Spanish, English
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Scriptures — commentaries, stories, scripture mastery verses
- Stories, quotes, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, quotes, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Talks, Classic — classic, timeless talks and sermons by our inspired General Authorities
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
( January, February, March 2020 )
- Scripture joke of the month: Could it be that a ‘food fight’ is mentioned in the scriptures? Very possibly, because in Zechariah 5:1 we read, “Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold, a flying roll.” More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the month: Favorite hymn of LDS lawyers? Hymn # 122, “Though Deepening Trials Throng Your Way”. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma 30:9 — “Now if a man desired to serve God, it was his privilege; OR RATHER, IF HE BELIEVED IN GOD IT WAS HIS PRIVILEGE TO SERVE HIM;” The engraver apparently didn’t convey his desired thought well in the first phrase. A rearranging of the words in the second phrase make the desired thought clear. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month:
- QUESTION: One of our current apostles shares the same birthday as the Prophet Joseph Smith (December 23). Can you name the current apostle with that birthday?
- ANSWER: Elder Gerrit W. Gong was born on December 23, 1953. He turned 66 years of age this year (2019). The Prophet Joseph was born on December 23, 1805. We celebrated the 214th anniversary of the Prophet’s birth this year (2019). More quizzes can be found by clicking here.
- Quote of the month: “Without the Atonement of Jesus Christ, life would be a dead-end road without hope or future. With the Atonement, life is an ennobling, inspiriting journey of growth and development that leads to eternal life in the presence of our Heavenly Father.” — Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
- Vocabulary word of the month: fiat – a formal authorization or proposition; a decree. This word can be found on page 131, line 18 of Jesus The Christ, by Elder James E. Talmage. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Brayzlee . These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Rope. Theses names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.