“General Authorities information &
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints information” website
(as well as a website containing several other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- To share a suggestion, comment, or correction, please send me an email at [email protected] .
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu, items listed alphabetically *
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- Basic information and doctrine — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- Challenging questions — scriptural answers to challenging doctrinal questions, and “The Trial”
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
- Information — general and specific information concerning LDS doctrine, principles, and church history
- “Jesus The Christ” and “The Life of Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by James E. Talmage and Frederic William Farrar in their landmark books
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- Names, unique — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Personal items — books read, half-marathons run, astronomy, math problems, Spanish, English, KnoWhy index, Operation On Target
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Scriptures — commentaries, stories, scripture mastery verses
- Stories, quotes, jokes, puns, sermons — entertaining stories, quotes, scripture jokes and puns, including knee-slappers and groaners; also talks
- Talks, Classic — classic, timeless talks and sermons by our inspired General Authorities
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
(January, February, and March of 2023)
- Scripture joke of the month: Does the Book of Mormon describe a very impressive knitting bee? Yes, it does, for in Mosiah 18:21 it states hearts of all the people were “knit together in unity”. That sounds like a fair amount of knitting. More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here
- Hymn joke of the month: What is the favorite hymn of the LDS congregation that had a chorister named Hope, who was very pregnant and soon to deliver her baby? It was Hymn # 19, “We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet”, which contains the words, “…there is Hope smiling brightly before us, and we know that deliverance is nigh…” More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma 50:32 — “Now behold, the people who were in the land Bountiful, OR RATHER MORONI, feared that they would hearken to the words of Morianton”. This is another classic engravo. The engraver simply engraved the wrong place, and corrected the misprint with an additional phrase. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month:
- QUESTION: Why is May 31, 2023 going to be a special day for those who enjoy Latter-day Saint trivia?
- ANSWER: On May 31, 2023, President Henry B. Eyring will turn 90 years of age. At that point in time, all three members of the First Presidency will be 90 years of age or older. At no point in our Church history have all three members of the First Presidency been in their nineties.
- Quote of the month: “Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered, and lo and behold, there was no one there!” Author unknown.
- Vocabulary word of the month: perfidious — deceitful and untrustworthy, duplicitous or disloyal. This word is used by Elder James E. Talmage in his classic book entitled “Jesus the Christ”. It can be found on page 592, line 6, and on page 631, line 9. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Octavia. Octavia was born on 8-8-08, hence the appropriateness of her name. These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Anakin Sky Walker. These are the first, middle, and last names of a young boy. This name and all others seen on this website are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Another interesting Church history fact: Elder Gerrit W. Gong and the Prophet Joseph Smith share the birthday of December 23. Elder Gong turned 69 on December 23, 2022, and that day was the 217th anniversary of the birth of the Prophet Joseph.