“General Authorities information &
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints information” website
(as well as a website containing several other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- To share a suggestion, comment, or correction, please send me an email at [email protected] .
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu, items listed alphabetically *
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- Basic LDS information and doctrine — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- Challenging questions — scriptural answers to challenging doctrinal questions, and “The Trial”
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
- “Jesus The Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by Elder Talmage in his landmark book, for the edification of all
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- Names, unique — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Personal items — my journals, books I’ve read, half-marathons I’ve run, astronomy, math problems, Spanish, English
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Scriptures — commentaries, stories, scripture mastery verses
- Stories, quotes, jokes, puns — uplifting, edifying and entertaining stories, quotes, scripture jokes, and scripture puns, including knee-slappers and groaners
- Talks, Classic — classic, timeless talks and sermons by our inspired General Authorities
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
( July, August, and September of 2020 )
- Scripture joke of the month: The Apostle Paul was a surfer? Apparently so. Acts 27:43-44 tells us that following a shipwreck, Paul and others got safely to shore on boards. More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Hymn joke of the month: What hymn you should sing to a group of sweaty missionaries? Hymn # 140, “Did You Think to Pray?”. Why that hymn? Because the starting words are “Did you air the room you left this morning?” or something very similar to that. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma 43:38 — “While on the other hand, there was now and then a man fell among the Nephites, by their swords and the loss of blood, they being shielded from the more vital parts of the body, OR THE MORE VITAL PARTS OF THE BODY BEING SHIELDED FROM THE STROKES OF THE LAMANITES, by their breastplates” This is one of the classic engravos in the Book of Mormon. It appears the engraver engraved a phrase that made no sense (“they being shielded from the more vital parts of the body”) and needed to add a fairly long phrase to correct the error in the first phrase. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month:
- QUESTION: It is very uncommon for two temples to be located within the boundaries of one city. Can you name any cities that have two temples?
- ANSWER: The Jordan River Utah Temple and the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple are both located within the boundaries of South Jordan, Utah. The Provo Utah Temple and the Provo City Center Temple are both located within the boundaries of Provo, Utah.
- Quote of the month: “I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him.” — President Thomas S. Monson, “On the Lord’s Errand: The Life of Thomas S. Monson”.
- Vocabulary word of the month: malfeasance – wrongdoing, especially by a public official. This word is used by Elder James E. Talmage in his classic book “Jesus the Christ” on page 464, line 13. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Jubilee Jan Joy. These are the first and two middle names of a little girl shared with me by a work colleague. These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Phoenix Orion. These were the first and middle names of a young boy in Utah. These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.