“General Authorities information &
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints information” website
(as well as a website containing several other intriguing topics)
Compiled by Michael Taylor of Provo, Utah
The main purpose of this website is to present interesting and instructional information about the General Authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (past and present), temples, missionary work, and growth of the church. Several other topics, both church-related and non-church-related, are included, all of which are listed in the menu below. Hopefully, this material will not only be informative, but uplifting, inspiring, and entertaining as well.
- This website is not sponsored by nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Michael Taylor is solely responsible for its content.
- To share a suggestion, comment, or correction, please send me an email at [email protected] .
- Click on a light blue topic listed below to navigate to a desired section.
- Clickable links found at the bottom of each page allow navigation of the website.
- Please notice the “Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month” section that follows the main menu.
* Main Menu, items listed alphabetically *
- “Answers To Gospel Questions” — a guide to the doctrinal 5-volume set by President Joseph Fielding Smith, the 10th President of the Church
- Basic LDS information and doctrine — basic and general information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine
- Church growth — statistics regarding the growth and expansion of the church in this dispensation
- Challenging questions — scriptural answers to challenging doctrinal questions, and “The Trial”
- ‘Engravos’ — Description of and references to possible engraving errors found throughout the Book of Mormon
- General authorities — facts and figures about our General Authorities of this dispensation
- Glen L. Rudd Foundation — information about a wonderful charitable foundation honoring Elder Glen L. Rudd
- “Jesus The Christ” and “The Life of Christ” vocabulary words — erudite words used by James E. Talmage and Frederic William Farrar in their landmark books
- Missionary matters – stories, articles, and other material pertaining to missionaries and missionary work
- Names, unique — unusual or uncommon names, of individuals and of family groups, that I have collected over the years
- Our Savior — various items and topics relating to the Lord, Jesus Christ
- Personal items — books read, half-marathons run, astronomy, math problems, Spanish, English, KnoWhy index
- Quizzes — entertaining quiz questions dealing with General Authorities, church history, and general topics, to test your acumen
- Scripture chains — a wide-ranging collection of scriptures related by topic or doctrine, and organized into ‘chains’
- Scriptures — commentaries, stories, scripture mastery verses
- Stories, quotes, jokes, puns, sermons — entertaining stories, quotes, scripture jokes and puns, including knee-slappers and groaners; also talks
- Talks, Classic — classic, timeless talks and sermons by our inspired General Authorities
- Temples and Visitors’ Centers — varied interesting information about latter-day temples and numerous visitors’ center
** Entertaining Quizzes & Quips of the Month **
(July, August, and September of 2022)
- Scripture joke of the month: There were no termites in Book of Mormon times? Apparently not. 4 Nephi 1:17 states: “There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of –ites…“. More scripture jokes can be found by clicking here
- Hymn joke of the month: What is the favorite hymn of Latter-day Saint Internal Revenue Service workers and agents? It must be Hymn # 219 — “Because I have been given much I too must give”. More hymn jokes can be found by clicking here.
- Engravo of the month: Alma 50:32 — “Now behold, the people who were in the land Bountiful, OR RATHER MORONI, feared that they would hearken to the words of Morianton”. This is another classic engravo. The engraver simply engraved the wrong place, and corrected the misprint with an additional phrase. More engravos (as well as an explanation of what an engravo is) can be found by clicking here.
- Church history quiz of the month:
- QUESTION: In 1831, the Prophet Joseph was so impressed by the unity and dedication of a certain group of people that he called them together and “sealed them up to eternal life”. Who were these people?
- ANSWER: The people sealed up unto eternal life by the Prophet Joseph were the Colesville Branch saints.
- Quote of the month: Speaking specifically to the youth of the Church, President Russell M. Nelson said, “Yes, you have been prepared from before this life and born now to participate in the great work of the gathering of Israel on both sides of the veil in these latter days.” June 3, 2018.
- Vocabulary word of the month: aphorism — ‘a pithy observation that contains a general truth, such as, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” This word is used by Elder James E. Talmage in his classic book entitled “Jesus the Christ”. It can be found on page 195 line 3 and on page 306 line 31. More vocabulary words can by found by clicking here.
- Unique girl name of the month: Delightra. These names are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Unique boy name of the month: Brownell. This name and all others seen on this website are legitimate names encountered by the proprietor of this website. I am not passing judgement on the names. I simply consider them unique. More unique names can be found by clicking here.
- Another interesting Church history fact: Presidents Harold B. Lee and Spencer W. Kimball shared the same birthday (March 28th). President Lee was born on that day in 1899 and President Kimball was born on that day in 1895. President Lee was called to serve as an apostle on April 10, 1941 and President Kimball was called to serve as an apostles on October 7, 1943. They sat next to each other in the Quorum of the Twelve for many years, and probably easily remembered each other’s birthdays.