Miscellaneous Pearls — The Culture of Christ
Elder William K. Jackson
In the October 2020 General Conference of the Church, Elder William K. Jackson shared the following characteristics of Christ’s unique culture:
- There is certainty that Heavenly Father exists, is real, and loves us.
- There is understanding that all are of equal worth, without caste, rank, or class.
- There is no prejudice, no ‘us’ versus ‘them’.
- There is charity, true Christ-like caring.
- There is revelation, centered in God’s words and prophets.
- There is always agency, promoting wise choices.
- There is learning and study, seeking wisdom and knowledge.
- There is faith in Jesus, and obedience to His commandments.
- There is prayer, with God hearing and answering sincere supplications.
- There are covenants, ordinances, standards, and sacrifices.
- There is repentance and forgiveness, based on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
- There is priesthood governance through God’s authority and power.
- There are miracles, wrought by faith in Jesus Christ.
- There is missionary work, with the worth of souls being great.
- There is respect for all, with the elevation of women’s status.
- There is focus on the sanctity of families, the basic unit of eternity.
- There is eternal perspective and focus on things of great worth.
- There is inclusivity, not exclusivity.
- There is viewing of ourselves as we really are.
Click here to return to the Miscellaneous Pearls index
Click here to return to the Gems and Pearls index
Click here to return to the ‘Personal’ section index
Click here to return to the Gospel Basics section
Click here to return to the Main Menu