Breath vs. Spirit (TC2, B3)
Are the words ‘breath’ and ‘spirit’ interchangeable in the scriptures? Does man not possess a ‘spirit’, but merely ‘breath’?
- (-) Genesis 2:7 (B3) Man became a living soul after receiving the breath of life
- (+) Isaiah 42:5 (B911) A distinction is drawn between breath and spirit
- (+) Zechariah 12:1 (B1177) The spirit is FORMED within man
- (+) John 4:24 (B1331) God is breath? No, God has a spirit!
- (+) 1 Corinthians 2:9-15 (B1440) Breath searches all things? No, the spirit searches all things.
- (+) John 3:7-8 (B1328) Born of the Spirit