De-winterizing our 2017 Keystone Cougar trailer
De-winterizing procedure for our travel trailer:
- Items 2 and 3 are only applicable if you are not using the main water pressure system to de-winterize. If using the pressurized hose system, go to #4.
- Turn the fresh water drain valve to the OFF position.
- Fill the fresh water tank about one-quarter full.
- Plug the pressurized-side water line into the water pump in the bedroom.
- Hook the trailer up to a pressurized water source.
- Put the hot water heater plug in the water heater and tighten it.
- Turn the water pump on on the control panel near the refrigerator.
- Turn on the various water taps and flush the lines until the pink coloration of the anti-freeze goes away. Do this in the kitchen, the bathroom (sink, tub, toilet), the outside shower head.
- Turn the water heater bypass valve so that water goes into the water heater. The pump should turn on and the heater should fill.
- Drain the extra water out of the fresh water storage tank if desired.
Click here to return to the Trailering index page