Information about the numerous temples in Utah
Following is interesting information about the many temples in Utah, as of today’s date which is December 6, 2020. This information was presented in the Church News edition of the week of December 6, 2020.
- There are currently 231 temples that are either open and functioning, under construction, or announced. Of those 231 temples, 25 are in the state of Utah in the United States.
- 13% of the Church’s members reside in the state of Utah, and 11% of its temples are in the state of Utah
- The Church’s four longest-operating temples are in Utah, with those being the St. George Utah Temple, the Logan Utah Temple, The Manti Utah Temple, and the Salt Lake Temple.
- When the Church celebrated its 150-year anniversary in 1980, there were 19 operating temples, with six of those located in Utah.
- Currently (December 2020) there are 168 dedicated temples throughout the world, with 17 of them in Utah.
- Utah temples within 5 miles of each other:
- 2.4 miles — Provo City Center to Provo
- 3.1 miles — Jordan River to Oquirrh Mountain
- 3.5 miles — Red Cliffs to St. George
- 4.2 miles — Orem to Provo City Center
- 4.3 miles — Orem to Provo
- Utah temples within 10 miles of each other:
- 6.8 miles — Draper to Jordan River
- 7.0 miles — Jordan River to Taylorsville
- 7.7 miles — Layton to Syracuse
- 7.9 miles — Salt Lake to Taylorsville
- 8.0 miles — Draper to Mount Timpanogos
- 8.1 miles — Bountiful to Salt Lake
- 8.2 miles — Oquirrh Mountain to Taylorsville
- 8.6 miles — Draper to Oquirrh Mountain
- 8.9 miles — Mount Timpanogos to Orem
- 9.2 miles — Mount Timpanogos to Saratoga Springs
- Farthest distances between Utah temples
- 334 miles — Logan and Red Cliffs temples
- 333 miles — Logan and St. George temples
- 318 miles — Vernal and St. George temples
- 317 miles — Vernal and Red Cliffs temples
- 297 miles – Logan and Monticello temples
Click here to return to the Temple Menu page
Click here to return to the Main Menu page