Numbers of temples dedicated by Church authorities
Authority Number Dedicated
Gordon B Hinckley 85 Thomas S Monson 21 Dieter F Uchtdorf 10 James E Faust 7 Henry B Eyring 7 David O McKay 5 Spencer W Kimball 4 Heber J Grant 3 Russell M Nelson 3 Wilford Woodruff 2 Joseph Fielding Smith 2 Ezra Taft Benson 2 Howard W Hunter 2 Dallin H Oaks 2 Boyd K Packer 2 David A Bednar 2 Ulisses Soares 2 Joseph Smith 1 Orson Hyde 1 Daniel H Wells 1 John Taylor 1 George Albert Smith 1 Marion G Romney 1 Dale G Renlund 1 Neil L Andersen 1 Ronald A Rasband 1 === Total 170
- The Kirtland Temple (dedicated by Joseph Smith) and the original Nauvoo Temple (dedicated by Orson Hyde) are no longer functioning as temples.
- With the 13 temples that President Gordon B. Hinckley RE-dedicated, he participated in the dedication and/or re-dedication of 98 of our latter-day temples!
- President Thomas S. Monson dedicated 7 temples before being sustained as the President of the Church.
- The Rexburg Idaho Temple was the first temple President Monson dedicated as President of the Church (February 10, 2008).
- The entire First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles gathered for the dedication of the Rome Italy Temple. This is the first time that all 15 apostles have been in one place together outside of the United States.
- The last change made to this page was the dedication of the Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple (#163) on Sunday, April 14, 2019 by Elder Dale G. Renlund of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
- Only three temple dedicatory prayers have been given in a language other than English. The first was the dedication of the Freiberg Germany Temple by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (given in German), the second was the dedicatory prayer for the Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple by Elder Dale G. Renlund (given in French), and the third was the dedicatory prayer given at the Fortaleza Brazil Temple by Elder Ulisses Soares.
- The dedication of the Fortaleza Brazil Temple was historic in that all three dedicatory sessions were done completely in Portuguese — all talks, all hymns, all prayers as well as the dedicatory prayers and Hosanna Shout. No side-by-side translation was done at this dedication. The dedication of this temple by Elder Soares marks the first time that an apostle from outside of the United States dedicated a temple in his home country.
- The last addition to this page was the dedication of the Durban South Africa Temple (# 168) by Elder Ronald A. Rasband on February 16, 2020.