STIMULATOR message for the week of March 28, 1972
Message from President Eugene C. Ludwig, dated March 28, 1972
“He who follows the handbook will baptize weekly.”
“And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among…thy brethren, and establish my work; yet ye shall be patient in long suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.” (Alma 17:11) BE STRONG, BE HUMBLE, BE AN EXAMPLE, BE A QUALITY MISSIONARY!
The quality missionary is one who has learned that he makes progress by self examination. How do you rate according to this check list? Be honest with yourself:
- Do you spiritually prepare yourself for your divine calling each day? (Alma 17:9)
- Are you having 6:30 am prayer every morning for the continued success and unity of the New Zealand South Mission?
- Are your thoughts clean and wholesome?
- Can you honestly say you live the Mission Rules?
- Do you stay with your companion at all times?
- Do you love your companion?
- Do you reflect often upon Doctrine and Covenants 38:30 (“…if ye are prepared ye shall not fear…”) ?
- Do you read the missionary handbook every morning?
- Do you constantly review and study your discussions?
- Are your study classes given to a real, purposeful study of the Gospel?
- Do you realize that members give referrals only to those missionaries in whom they have confidence?
- Are you aware of your goals at all times, remembering that ‘no goal leads to no end’?
- Are you a doer, are you working effectively every hour of the day and going the extra mile to bring souls into the kingdom of God?
- Do you write your letter home each week?
- Is your room or flat neat and orderly at all times?
- Is your car kept clean, inside and out, and do you drive defensively and with extreme care at all times?
- Are you happy in your work? Do you smile?
- Do you always have a positive attitude, “I can and I will” ?
Are you a quality missionary? Our faith is in you! Our prayers are for your success and happiness.
Faithfully your companion,
President Eugene C. Ludwig
“Use you time effectively to find new contacts this week!”