Pearls of wisdom from the AMAC magazine (Association of Mature American Citizens)
- A recent study ranked American cities on a “Quality of Services” score. The most poorly run cities in America were Cleveland, Hartford, Flint, Oakland, Detroit, New York, Chattanooga, San Francisco, Gulfport, and Washington, D.C. With the exception of Gulfport, all of these cities are run by Democratic mayors and Democratic leaders.
- A recent report ranked cities based on ‘fiscal strength’. The cities with the worst fiscal strength were Portland, Dallas, Columbus, Montgomery, Fort Wayne, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Toledo, New York, and Chicago. Every one of those cities is run by liberal Democrats.
- The top ten cities for violent crimes are Anchorage, Stockton, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Rockford, Birmingham, Little Rock, St. Louis, Memphis, and Baltimore. All of these cities are managed by Democratic mayors.
- Of the 10 cities with the highest rate of homelessness, nine of them are managed by Democratic mayors.`
- Earlier in the 20th Century, a liberal Democratic Boston mayor named Michael Curley used wealth redistribution to encourage the exit of wealthy residents who typically did not support him and this left him with a permanent block of poor voters who elected him to four terms. By differentially taxing different groups of voters, incumbent leaders can encourage the flight of non-supportive constituents and maximize the share of voters who support them. This is now known as the Curley Effect.
- The Curley Effect was on shameful display as former Detroit mayor Coleman Young drove businesses out of the city and caused Detroit to become the first major Third World city in the United States. His poor constituents elected him to 24 years of disservice as Detroit’s mayor.
- Chinese pharmaceutical companies supply 40% to 45% of heparin to the united States, about 70% of acetaminophen, and over 90% of antibiotics, vitamin C, ibuprofen, and hydrocortisone. It is estimated that 80% of the active pharmaceutical ingredients used in US drugs come from other countries.
Click here to return to the Political Musings menu page
Click here to return to the Jokes and Puns Menu page
Click here to return to the Scriptural Jokes Menu page
Click here to return to the Main Menu page