089. (D-E) Jesus taught all of the following about doing alms [alms are acts of religious devotion] EXCEPT:
A. Do not do your alms before men, to be seen of them
B. If ye do your alms to be seen of men, ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven
C. When thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee as the hypocrites do in the streets, that they may have glory of men
D. Hypocrites who sound a trumpet before themselves when they do their alms have their reward
E. When thou doest alms, let not thy left foot know what thou right foot doeth, that thine alms may be in secret
F. Thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly
[Answer: F (Matthew 6:1-4)]
090. (D-E) Jesus taught his disciples all of the following about praying EXCEPT:
A. When thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and streets, that they may be seen of men
B. When thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites, for they love to be seen of men, and they have their reward
C. When thou prayest, enter into thy closet, shut the door, and pray to the Father in secret
D. When thou prayest, thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee in secret
E. When ye pray, use not vain repetitions as the heathens do, for they think they will be heard because of their much speaking
F. Your Father knoweth what things he have need of, before ye ask him
[Answer: D (Matthew 6:5-8)]
091. (D-E) Jesus taught his disciples the proper manner in which to pray. His prayer included all of the following expressions EXCEPT:
A. Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name
B. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven
C. Give us this day our daily bread, And forgive us our debts, as we try to pay our debts
D. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
E. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever, Amen.
[Answer: C (Matthew 6:9-13)]
092. (D-E) True or false: Jesus taught his disciples that if they forgave men their trespasses, their heavenly Father would forgive them, but if they forgave not men
their trespasses, neither would their Father forgive them.
[Answer: True (Matthew -15)]
093. (D-M) Jesus gave his disciples all of the following counsel concerning fasting EXCEPT:
A. Be not as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance
B. Be not as the hypocrites, who disfigure their faces
C. Hypocrites have their reward
D. When thou fastest, anoint thy face and wash thy feet
E. Appear not unto men to fast, but only unto thy Father which is in secret
F. Thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly
[Answer: D (Matthew -18)]
094. (D-E) Concerning treasures, the Lord taught all the following EXCEPT:
A. Where your treasure is, there will your investments be also
B. Lay not up treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt
C. Lay not up treasures upon earth, where thieves break through and steal
D. Lay up treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt
E. Lay up treasures in heaven, where thieves do not break through nor steal
[Answer: A (Matthew -21}]
095. (D-E) Complete this important teaching of Jesus: For where your treasure is, there will your ________ be also.
[Answer: B (Matthew )]
096. (D-M) All of the following teachings of Jesus are correctly stated EXCEPT:
A. The light of the body is the eye; if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light
B. If thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of lasciviousness
C. If the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness
D. No man can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other
E. Ye cannot serve God and mammon
[Answer: B (Matthew -24)]
097. (D-M) All of the following statements by the Savior are accurate EXCEPT:
A. Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat or what ye shall drink
B. Take no thought for your body, what ye shall put on
C. Take no thought for your mind, what ye shall think or what ye shall imagine
D. Is not life more than meat and the body more than raiment?
E. Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them
F. Are ye not much better than they [the fowls]?
[Answer: C (Matthew -26)]
098. (D-M) All of the following statements by the Savior are accurate EXCEPT:
A. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
B. Why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin
C. I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these [lilies of the field]
D. Why take ye thought for shelter? Consider the beasts of the forest, that they have neither roof nor walls to shield them from the storm
E. If God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you?
F. O ye of little faith
[Answer: D (Matthew 6:27-30)]
099. (D-M) Jesus told his disciples to take no thought of all the following concerns EXCEPT:
A. Where shall we find refuge?
B. What shall we eat?
C. What shall we drink?
D. Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
[Answer: A (Matthew )]
100. (D-M) Jesus told his disciples to take no thought for the things after which the Gentiles sought (food, clothing, drink, etc.). What was the reason he gave for
not taking thought of these things?
A. Because they could not serve mammon and the world
B. Because the natural man is at variance with the Lord
C. Because by following this commandment, his disciples would run and not be weary, and walk and not faint
D. Because by following this commandment, his disciples would be assured of a place at the right hand of the Father
E. Because their Heavenly Father knows that they have need of these things
[Answer: E (Matthew )]
101. (D-M) Jesus made all of the following statements to his disciples EXCEPT:
A. Seek ye first the
and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you kingdomof God
B. In a future day, your spirits will be united with your bodies, never to be divided again, with the whole becoming spiritual and immortal
C. Take no thought for the morrow
D. The morrow shall take thought for the things of itself
E. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
[Answer: B (Matthew -34)]
to return to the top of this quiz section
Click here to return to
the New Testament menu page
Click here to return to the
Main Menu page