General notes from various Church meetings and training sessions
General inspirational notes:
- The creation of the new Handbook of General Instructions was a three-year project, with the new handbook being 12% smaller than the previous one.
- Our efforts should be about caring, serving, and loving, not numbers, statistics, or meetings.
- Elder Bednar has stated: “If I could have one wish, it would be to eliminate the word ‘meeting’ and replace it with ‘revelatory process’ “.
- All leaders have certain things in common: desire to help others to come unto Christ, desire to help others grow in their testimonies of Christ.
- We were counseled to teach D&C 84:106-110 much more than we do. “And if any man among you be strong in the Spirit, let him take with him him that is weak…”
- President Ezra Taft Benson: “Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life.”
- 40% of the households in the Grandview East Stake (2013) have no Melchizedek Priesthood presence in the home. In 2013, there were 231 prospective elders in the stake (a full ward).
- A good ward mission plan: find, retain, reactivate, teach, convert, baptize.
- Missionary work: express love, extend opportunities, promise blessings, follow-up.
- “Every happy family is alike in their happiness. Every unhappy family is miserable in their own unique way.” – Tolstoy
- Influential teachers: a) they are great students before they are great teachers b) they are wonderful story-tellers c) they ask penetrating questions d) they dwell on the WHY more than on the WHAT.
Click here to return to iPhone notes index