Elder and Sister William Weatherford Touchstone Clayton of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, May 9, 2017
- You are a better version of “you” when you are in the service of the Lord.
- Teach to a person’s spiritual maturity. A Harvard professor should be taught the plan of salvation in the same language that you would teach an 8-year old.
- Teach simply and let the Holy Ghost bear witness.
- Quiet the influence of the “world” in your lives.
- Develop a “big heart”.
- Don’t compare yourselves with others. The important thing is that you are on “the path”, not necessarily where you are on the path or at what speed you are traveling.
- Do you consider yourself worthy to enter into the temple and to participate in temple ordinances? It is actually the worthiness of the Savior that allows us to enter the temple.
- D&C 45 It is the sacrifice of the Lord that matters, much more than what we can give.
- Treat His children as He would treat them.
- Your mission is about others, not so much about you. If you only think of your mission in terms of improving yourself, you will be missing the point of your service. You do not serve a mission to bless yourself – you serve a mission to serve others.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page