Elder and Sister W. Craig Zwick of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, December 20, 2016
1/ Sister Zwick
- Are you scared or frightened by your call? Read Moroni 7:33 – you can do all things through Christ.
- Elijah sealed the heavens.
- Elisha asked the widow to make him a cake. How much faith did she display by doing it? The meal did not waste or run out.
- Acknowledge our dependence on the Lord and His spirit will fortify us.
- Bring what you have and the Lord will magnify it. Remember the feeding of the 5000? They provided a few fish and pieces of bread, and the Lord supplied the rest.
- Be grateful for small successes each day. Don’t expect huge miracles every day.
2/ Elder Zwick
- I love the excitement of missionary work
- Jesus saw potential in others. So can you. He saw greatness in Saul, in fishermen, in Alma the younger.
- One person can make a great difference.
- D&C 82:15,19 Bind by the laws of the Lord, everyone should seek the interest of their neighbor. The Savior’s light will come back to you.
- Jesus said, in 3 Nephi 18, to hold up the light, and that He was the light that we should hold up.
- The Sea of Galilee receives and also gives. The Dead Sea only receives. It is in receiving and then giving back that we find growth and love and light
- Be a conduit, not just a container.
- Reflect the light, honor it by your actions. Concentrate on the salvation of others.
- Challenges cannot and must not stop you. The essential thing is to forget ourselves and turn outward. Give what you have.