STIMULATOR message for the week of November 2, 1971
Message from President Eugene C. Ludwig, dated November 2, 1971.
“THERE IS NO ‘I’ IN TEAM WORK!” “600” in 1971
Dear Fellow Missionaries,
We are grateful for the Lord’s blessings to us and know that we are moving toward the right goals; converts that will remain. We seek true conversions, not statistics. We want production, but our production must be based on sold conversions. “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained, that ye should go and bring forth fruits, and that your fruits should remain; that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, He may give it you.” (John 15:16)
We must hold our converts in the Church and they must remain active if our missionary work is really effective. Let’s consider some of the ways we can accomplish this:
• Bring in complete families or couples, when possible.
• Concentrate on better teaching of contacts.
• See that your contacts attend Church and arrange transportation when necessary.
• Introduce contacts to local leaders and members in ward and branches.
• Invite local fellowshipping people and home teachers to begin fellowshipping work before baptism, as well as continue after baptism.
• Make certain that candidates for baptism have read and studied the pamphlet “After Baptism, What?”.
• It is important that converts are converted no only to our doctrines, but also to our method of worship and our way of life.
• We must be honest with our contacts as to their financial and other responsibilities prior to baptism.
• Remember, ‘the house of God is a house of order’. Be sure baptismal services are organized and preparations take place well in advance.
• Make sure baptismal services are special, sacred, and quiet services, services that the new member will long remember.
• Have faith, be prayerful and humble, work diligently and you will truly be builders of the Kingdom of God.
We are proud of you missionaries in the New Zealand South Mission. May the Lord bless you to be profitable servants in the ministry to which you have been called.
President Eugene C. Ludwig
“What we study and how we react to the word of the Lord will pretty well predict the quality of our success.”
Congratulations to Elder Dan Johnson who achieved ALL mission standards.