“STIMULATOR” message for the week of September 7, 1971
Message from President Eugene C. Ludwig, dated September 7, 1971.
“IN TRYING TIMES, TRY!” “600” in 1971
We were honored the last two weekends in August to have heard Elder Bernard P. Brockbank, Assistant to the Twelve, as he counseled members and missionaries in the Hawkes Bay and Wellington stakes. May we share with you some of the statements he made, as follows:
- The Lord wants you to succeed with what you have. You have an average intellect to work the way the Lord wants you to work.
- He has told us to feed His sheep. Do you love Him enough to feed His sheep, or do you just wander around among the sheep?
- You had better be awake when you represent the Lord. You represent exactly the same Lord our Prophet represents.
- You have to know God and you have to know Jesus Christ if you are to be effective.
- If you want to be a better missionary, make a new friend every day.
- Don’t ever hurt people. Love them into friendship. Have great respect for mankind.
- If you do not love the L
- If you do not love the Lord’s children, there isn’t anything as sad as the 24 months ahead of you as a missionary.
- It is a lot easier to be called than it is to serve as a missionary.
- When you know how, it makes you stronger — it makes you valiant.
- The Lord wants you to bear your witness and love people into the Church.
- You will have more fun doing missionary work when you use the tools the Lord gave you.
- If you want to know the doctrines of God, study the scriptures.
- Don’t worry about going to your grave for over-work in the Church.
- Overcome worries by faith, programs, and goals.
- Do you act like the Lord was around you?
- Be sure those you are teaching know as much as you knew when you were baptized.
- Help the saints to do what the prophet has asked you to do.
- The Joseph Smith story is the most important information that has come to the earth since the ascension of Jesus Christ.
- There is no greater assignment that you can have than to be a missionary.
- Be careful that you do not let success satisfy you such that you work far below your capacity.
We hope Elder Brockbank’s wise counsel will help you as you serve your Heavenly Father here in New Zealand.
Sincerely your companion,
President Eugene C. Ludwig
“DO NOT LET YOUR GOOD IDEAS DIE OF OLD AGE — EXECUTE THEM.”