STIMULATOR message for the week of June 13, 1972
Message from President Eugene C. Ludwig, dated June 13, 1972
“THANK GOD EVERY MORNING WHEN YOU GET UP THAT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DO THAT DAY WHICH MUST BE DONE, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!”
Dear Fellow Missionaries:
“We shall have the joy of WORK too, for man also is that he might work; he went forth from the innocence of Eden to the God-like knowledge of good and evil, with the Divine blessing, not curse, as it seems to me: ‘In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread.’ And, save in extremity, no man many rightfully violate that law by living by the sweat from the brow of his brother. It is the eternal, inescapable law that growth comes only from work and preparation, whether the growth be material, mental, or spiritual. Work has no substitute. Idleness brings neither profit, nor advantage, nor good, only a withering decay and death.”
Just what is work? Work is defined as “something accomplished”. In this mission, something accomplished is:
1. The feeling you have when you are witnessing the baptism of an individual or individuals which you an your companion have worked with to bring into the Kingdom of God.
2. The feeling you have when at the end of the day you and your companion look back over your activities and know you have served the Lord for another 10 hours unselfishly.
3. When you and your companion arrange an appointment to each a whole family the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
4. When you and your companion walk out of a group meeting filled with the Spirit of the Lord, and you know you have left your investigators feeling the same.
5. When you visit a member family and leave their home with the names and addresses of the Golden referrals they have given you.
6. The inner conviction you gain of the work of the Lord, when you live the mission rules in the Spirit and to the letter.
We could go on and on, but as you know by now, nothing comes easy in the mission field. Works begets work, and those who do things well, in due time, are sought after. It takes absolute dedication and hard work to have something sought after. One of the missionaries made the following suggestion to improve our effectiveness: “Work, work, work, for the Lord. If we will but do this we can’t help but succeed as individuals and as a mission.”
We pray that we may all go forth and “accomplish something” now. Our faith is in you.
President Eugene C. Ludwig
“Industry is not only essential to success, but has a most healthy influence on the moral character.”