STIMULATOR message for the week of February 15, 1972
Message from President Eugene C. Ludwig, dated February 15, 1972
“SUCCESS IS NEVER FINAL. LET’S BEAT OUR BEST IN 1972.”
In order to continue to meet your Standards and baptize every week, the people you are teaching must receive a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel and desire to be baptized. They will receive this testimony only as you properly communicate this wonderful message of the restoration of the Gospel to them, so that the Holy Ghost can work through you.
“If you know exactly what the purpose of your communication is, it will serve as a guide for your preparation — a reminder that each bit of informative material that you include should contribute something to the accomplishment of that purpose.” — Howard W. Dean.
To baptize weekly, you must communicate: —
1) AS COMPANIONS — with sincere love and confidence in each other and a strong desire to succeed as a team.
2) WITH YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER — praying specifically to help you accomplish your weekly standards.
3) WITH MEMBERS — enthusing them to share the Gospel with their relatives and friends by precept as well as ex ample.
4) WITH THE PUBLIC — being a strong example of the teachings of the Gospel wherever you go and whatever you do, asking the Golden Questions at every opportunity, and always being ‘weekly-baptism-conscious’.
5) IN PREPARING INVESTIGATORS — for the inspired eight discussions. Allow them to fully prepare to receive the first discussion and to gain a testimony.
6) IN GIVING THE EIGHT DISCUSSIONS — word perfectly, with a knowledge of all commitments and delivered as the Spirit directs.
7) WITH YOURSELVES — developing a positive mental attitude and a sure knowledge that you will succeed and baptize weekly.
Through proper communications, you will effectively plan every minute of every Golden Day, and seven Golden Days equal a Golden Week, which will result in baptisms every week. Prayerfully try to fully comprehend the programs communicated to us by inspired leaders and apply them in your work to increase your output and efficiency. Our faith is in you!
President Eugene C. Ludwig
“The only way to do anything is the way it ought to be done.”