STIMULATOR message for the week of February 8, 1972
Message from President Eugene C. Ludwig, dated February 8, 1972
“ENDURE, AND KEEP YOURSELVES FOR THE DAYS OF HAPPINESS.”
Dear Fellow Missionaries,
This past week, it has been a great blessing and privilege to have heard Elder Boyd K. Packer of the Council of the Twelve Apostles, as he counseled members and missionaries in the Hawkes Bay and Wellington Stakes. It has truly been a spiritual uplift to be in his presence. May I share with you some of the statements he made, as follows:
- Everything we do in an official nature in the Church is done in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Speaking of the growth of the Church, that is in YOUR hands, not mine.
- Elder, didn’t you know that when we are gone and you are here, you are to them what we are to you? You are the builder-upper for everyone around you.
- Nothing is ever yours until you can give it away.
- You must learn that you are not receptacles of the Gospel — you are conveyors of the Gospel.
- The things you give away the most are the things you retain the most.
- Never permit anyone to complain about the climate, the country, nor its people.
- We are not here to enjoy a vacation — we are here to give and to get.
- Your success is measured by what you gave away on a particular day.
- It isn’t me or I — it is they and them.
- You have got to want to do what you have been asked to do.
- You can only have one thought in your mind at a time.
- You are never guilty of impure thoughts when singing hymns of Zion.
- Always have a witness, and always be with your companion.
- When meeting people at doors, remember whatsoever you do, do it in His Name.
- When it is necessary, there will be angels of Heaven in attendance.
- Go out and knock on door and bear your witness.
- Testimony should be between the convert and the Lord. Never allow people to become converted to missionaries only.
- Young men who comb their hair down over their foreheads will be recognized by the people as immature boys and will be treated accordingly.
We hope Elder Packer’s counsel will find application in our daily lives as we serve our Heavenly Father here in New Zealand.
President Eugene C. Ludwig
“No man realizes the truth until he hears himself say it.”