Elder and Sister S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, June 18, 2019
Sister Wendy Nielsen:
- It is extremely important to know who you are.
- John 10:34 states that “ye are gods”. Jesus declared himself to be the Son of God, and that He would do the works of the Father.
- We belong to Jesus Christ.
- The most important convert of your mission is you.
- There will be times when you may feel less than adequate. Stop and think about how much you love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It will give you strength.
- The love you feel from them will strengthen you as well.
- Teach and testify boldly.
- It is hard to keep up with our 94 year old prophet.
- There is power in being set apart.
- Your singing brought a testimony of your reverence. Learn to always be reverent.
- This is your time. In Joshua 1 we are told to be strong and of good courage 4 times.
- You need to make a decision. What are you going to do with your time? How does President Nelson spend his time?
- President Oaks has testified that he has seen a change in President Nelson since he became president of the Church. The First Presidency is united, they are one.
- A high priority of the Church is to build temples so that we can be endowed and seal families together for eternity, and this quest starts with you as missionaries.
- Are we one with the Lord Jesus Christ? The Church will flourish and grow, but it will always be a one on one relationship.
- Moroni 6:4 states, “And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and finisher of their faith.”
- The key to success is being one with today’s prophet, apostles, mission leaders, companions, local leaders and the members in your mission.
- Mosiah 18:21 — “And he commanded them that these should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.”
- 1 Corinthians 1:10 — “Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.”
- D&C 38 — “If ye are not one, ye are not mine.”
- All of our apostles were recently in Rome for the dedication of the Rome Italy Temple. Statues of the ancient apostles were behind the Savior, and our fifteen modern apostles in front of the Savior’s statue, with His outstretched arms surrounding the Brethren from Elder Stevenson to Elder Soares.
- President Nelson — “This is a hinge point in the history of the Church… the Church is going to have an unprecedented future…”.
- “Savior will perform some of His most mighty works between now and when He comes for the Second Advent. We must have our own place to receive revelation.
- “Go forth and teach repentance with power and authority from God…”
- You must be pure and clean in order to receive revelation.
- Why is this so important? As stated in Preach My Gospel Chapter 1, page 2 — “You are called to represent Jesus Christ, to teach repentance”.
- We must understand the process of repentance in order to teach repentance. Repentance = Joy. As we access the Atonement of Christ, it brings us joy.
- Hebrew: shrub: to turn, Greek: Metanoeo: to change, to breathe new life…., Latin: poenitere: to punish. This is not the original meaning.
- As portrayed in the video of the adulterous woman brought to Christ, the Savior is ready to heal us. You will meet many who are in deep pain. They are just looking for peace.
- We need to get eye to eye with those we teach, connect hearts. Let the Spirit work heart to heart.
- “One by one” is used 6 times in the Book of Mormon.
- Have we accessed the love of Jesus Christ?
- This is a gospel of joy and happiness.
- Never mention the “atonement” without Jesus Christ. It is His atonement.
- D&C 19: He is the Prince of Peace.
- Go and help people access the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
- We are honored to be part of this glorious work.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page