Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, November 28, 2017
Elder S. Gifford Nielsen:
- You will know if someone is praying if they are involved with the Book of Mormon.
- Over 180 million copies of The Book of Mormon have been printed, in 111 languages.
- We need to liken the Book of Mormon scriptures to ourselves
- Do you have a personal testimony of the Book of Mormon?
- The Book of Mormon is the keystone in 3 ways: 1) It is a true witness of Christ 2) It contains the fulness of the Doctrine of Christ 3) It is the foundation of testimony regarding this latter-day work.
- The Book of Mormon is a powerful resource. Use it as the basis of all your teaching.
- What is your favorite Book of Mormon scripture and why?
- Consider 1 Nephi 13:37 — “..how beautiful are the feet of those who publish peace..”
- Consider Alma 57:21 — “.. they obeyed with exactness..”
- Consider Alma 29:9 — Don’t glory in yourselves. You are instruments!
- Consider 2 Nephi 32:3 — “..feast upon the words..”
- Have your own ‘Enos’ experience.
- Elder Nielsen’s favorite Book of Mormon scripture is found in 3 Nephi 11 where the Father states that the Savior is His ‘..beloved Son..’.