Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, November 28, 2017
Elder S. Gifford Nielsen:
- You will know if someone is praying if they are involved with the Book of Mormon.
- Over 180 million copies of The Book of Mormon have been printed, in 111 languages.
- We need to liken the Book of Mormon scriptures to ourselves
- Do you have a personal testimony of the Book of Mormon?
- The Book of Mormon is the keystone in 3 ways: 1) It is a true witness of Christ 2) It contains the fulness of the Doctrine of Christ 3) It is the foundation of testimony regarding this latter-day work.
- The Book of Mormon is a powerful resource. Use it as the basis of all your teaching.
- What is your favorite Book of Mormon scripture and why?
- Consider 1 Nephi 13:37 — “..how beautiful are the feet of those who publish peace..”
- Consider Alma 57:21 — “.. they obeyed with exactness..”
- Consider Alma 29:9 — Don’t glory in yourselves. You are instruments!
- Consider 2 Nephi 32:3 — “..feast upon the words..”
- Have your own ‘Enos’ experience.
- Elder Nielsen’s favorite Book of Mormon scripture is found in 3 Nephi 11 where the Father states that the Savior is His ‘..beloved Son..’.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page