Elder & Sister Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Tuesday devotional, March 26, 2019
Tuesday devotional, Elder and Sister Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, March 26, 2019.
- Today we are going to share with you our recent experiences in Rome, Italy, as we participated in the dedication of the Rome Temple.
- Christians were persecuted in Rome. I know the spirits of early Christians were present at the dedication.
- There is a 500 year old olive tree on the grounds of the Rome Temple.
- The priesthood keys are in this church today.
- D&C 88 — draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you.
- Come unto Jesus, love Him, serve Him. Find great joy in being His messengers.
- A reporter asked me, “What does this temple mean to members of your church in Italy?” Elder Massimo de Feo, an Italian general authority, shared the fact that just 25 years ago, members in Rome met in a garage for their worship services. Now a beautiful temple graces the city of Rome. It means everything to us.
- Another reporter asked how this temple relates to scripture. Elder Rasband answered that temple have been around since antiquity. There was Solomon’s temple, Herod’s temple, the temple in America. This Rome temple shares things in common with those ancient temples, in that they all had or have fine workmanship, the finest of materials, fine craftsmanship. Elder Rasband also showed the reporters and visiting clergymen the baptismal font and shared 1 Corinthians 15:29 with them. He mentioned the 12 oxen and how they represented the tribes of Israel. He showed them the mirrors in the sealing rooms and related this to eternity.
- Elder Rasband and Elder Bednar made a video clip standing in front of the prison in which Peter and Paul were incarcerated. We were challenged to share this video with family and friends.
- Begin with the end in mind. Get your interested friends and converts to move toward the temple. Include temple invitations in your teaching. If new converts get involved with the temple, they will remain strong and true. Get them to take the names of deceased family members to the temple.
- President Nelson has said that the work of the Lord will move forward at an accelerated pace, and that we face an unprecedented future with unparalleled miracles.
- The apostles are more united than ever. We are witnesses. The keys reside with us. I hold keys, and I declare it humbly. The Church is on the earth. Jesus Christ presides over this church. I love Him. He is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace.
- You missionaries are in the cradle of the Lord’s hands. Feast on the Lord’s words.
- The more you know about Jesus, the more you will love Him. The more you love Him, the more you will serve Him. Know — love — serve.
- You are the greatest treasure of this Church!
Note: The MTC choir sang “Praise to the Man” to open the meeting. I could see Elder Rasband mouthing the words to this great anthem as the choir sang, and he had tears in his eyes as he sang along.