Elder & Sister Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Tuesday devotional, May 22, 2018
Tuesday devotional, Elder and Sister Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, May 22, 2018.
- You will face lots of hardships. Will you get discouraged or push on?
- Giving is living. She quoted a poem and the last 2 lines were – “Giving, giving, always giving, Do I always have to give? Oh no, said the angel, surely not. You can stop giving when the Master stops giving to you.”
- 2 Nephi 18:9 — Christ suffered because of His long-suffering for all of us.
- We can suffer a little bit more than we think we can. We can do more because of him.
- Why I love missionaries so much — we share a revelatory bond. I calculate that I assigned nearly 100 of you here tonight to your respective missions. When I have that assignment, I pray to the Lord that he will help me make the assignments “perfectly”. That applied to young missionaries, to seniors, and to “re-assigned” missionaries. He said that he assigned 287 missionaries last Thursday.
- We need to raise our own bar of revelation, in accordance with the teaching of President Nelson.
- The importance of the words of a living prophet for us — very unique, very special. The most important prophet for us is our living prophet. Our most crucial reading and studying should be the words of our current prophet. The prophet we are accountable to is our current prophet.
- Doctrine and Covenants 21:4-5, Doctrine and Covenants 124:45, Mosiah 18:19, Doctrine and Covenants 52:9
- President Nelson counseled us to study the conference talks and use them in our conversations with non-members. He said, “We invite all the sons and daughters of God ON BOTH SIDES OF THE VEIL to come unto their Savior. Missionary work takes place on BOTH SIDES of the veil.
- Perilous times will come, Satan will RAGE in the hearts, knowing the CALAMITIES.
- We must learn to receive revelation. Jesus will perform some of his mightiest works between now and his 2nd coming. We will see miraculous indications that God and Jesus preside over this church.
- This is your time! Calamity, commotion, men’s hearts will fail them.
- President Nelson said to the people in Bengalaru, India that he received the revelation to build a temple in their city the night before conference. They were only planning on announcing 6 but he help an emergency meeting on the morning of General Conference and sought the blessing of the Apostles in announcing Bengalaru as a temple site.
- President Nelson keeps a pad and pencil near his bed in order that he can record inspiration received during the night.
- He chose an elder to pray at a Maxwell meeting. He had no idea that Elder Maxwell had sealed that family just a few months before the elder left on his mission. THey were from India.
- The most important convert of your mission will be YOU!