Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Tuesday devotional, June 24, 2018
- This was during the week of the Mission Presidents’ training. Every member of the Quorum of the Twelve was present at the devotional!
- I would like to discuss four broad relationships that will play a major role in your missions.
- I would first remind you to use the proper name of the Church. The Lord revealed the name. Do not refer to us as the Mormon Church or the LDS Church. See Doctrine and Covenants 100:7-8
- He referred to a mission tract from 1840. He referred to Doctrine and Covenants 112:28-29. Be clear about your purpose.
- Relationship One: your companion. If you are not one, ye are not mine. Each of my missionary companions blessed my life. Your testimony can be powerful from day one. You don’t need to know everything or understand everything. Bear witness. One a cold day, a set of missionaries had 30 minutes before quitting time. They decided to work the last 30 minutes and met three families, two of whom joined the church.
- Relationship Two: the people you are called to labor among. Don’t ever put people down. They are your brothers and sisters.
- Relationship Three: your mission president and his wife. We assign you to your field of labor, but also to your mission president. Your success will not be measured until your children and grandchildren are sealed in the temple.
- Relationship Four: Jesus. Serve Him with all your heart, might, mind and strength. You show your love when you magnify your calling. Revelation comes most readily when you are serving others.
- Suggestions for all of you 1) Develop your gospel knowledge, don’t memorize the lessons, study and absorb, return home with a deep conversion, don’t get so caught up in gaining knowledge that you are distracted from your purpose. Study plus effort. 2) Witness the hand of the Lord in your work, listen to your leaders, the Lord will place you in the right places to be an instrument 3) Watch the Savior’s atonement work in the lives of others 4) act in a consecrated manner
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page