Elder and Sister Patrick Kearon of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, September 12, 2017
- You are an army of light. You are a Helaman’s army. You take my breath away.
- You have probably noticed that you are saying more prayers than ever. You will be teaching others to pray. Realize that praying is a source of truth.
- We need to realize what a privilege it is to pray in the NAME OF JESUS. We should say that phrase with great reverence. What a sweet blessing to pray “in His name”, in other words to pray with His approval, His sanction, His agreement. We should never slur through that phrase or say it rapidly just to close the prayer
- Prayer is the process of bringing our will into compliance and correspondence with the will of the Father.
- Prayers can and do remain unanswered when the prayers do not reflect the will and the mind of Christ.
- Thank you for your service.
- Enos wrestled in mighty prayer. Use his experience for our own personal wrestle. Turn outward.
- The words of your parents will become more meaningful, just as was the case with Enos.
- He didn’t go into the woods to pray – he went to hunt, but the Spirit changed the purpose of his being in the woods. His sins were forgiven him because of his faith in Christ.
- We thrive on opposition! (Opposition is the heritage of the faithful). We don’t ask for it, but it makes us strong.
- 2 Nephi 2 — to act or to be acted upon. Inanimate objects are to be acted upon, we are to act. Choose to enjoy your life and your mission. Enjoy!
- 2 Nephi 2:23 is the context of why bad things happen to good people.
- CHOOSE to be happy even when things aren’t great. Choose to be happy. Do I believe that? Teach with authenticity.
- Be practical on your missions. Attack your days by having a great morning. Get up, pray, exercise.
- Helaman 10:4 — serve your mission with unwearyingness.
- WORK HARD and stop worrying about everything. Go to work.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page