Elder Neil L. Anderson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Tuesday devotional, March 10, 2020
Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Tuesday, March 10, 2020. He was accompanied by Elder Blake M. Roney, an Area Authority.
- I have learned much from Elder Andersen, and I tell you that Elder Andersen knows the Lord.
- How did Jesus do missionary work?
- He prepared by studying scriptures and by praying.
- He went about loving people and serving people. He smiled as He did the work.
- He taught the doctrine of Himself. People feel things when you talk about Jesus.
- He issued invitations.
- When you go into people’s homes, observe which teachings they are already living and compliment them. Also notice the spirit that is present in the home.
- I testify that Jesus Christ lives. I love Him.
- You will be involved in many miracles during your missions.
- I was with the First Presidency today. They send their love to you.
- I want to share some helpful principles with you today.
- We believe we are daughters and sons of God. Study Romans chapter 8 for further information on this. Teach your interested friends that they are sons and daughters of God. Emphasize it! Tell this truth to thousands during your mission.
- Help others find their eternal worth. It will come into their heart and mind, and also into yours.
- Desire to live the two great commandments, loving God and loving our neighbors. Jesus is knocking — let Him in! Review John 17:3. Teach this, but don’t just teach it — live it! Spiritual learning never ends.
- Why do we serve? See Matthew 28:19. The gathering of Israel is the most important work on the earth at this time. Be part of something big and grand and majestic. Embrace this work.
- Who do we teach? See Doctrine and Covenants 1:1-5. We teach everyone — rich and poor, young and old, etc. Before Jesus returns, there must be a group of righteous people in every nation and country.
- What do we teach? See John 14:6. There is one way, one Savior, one Atonement. Speak of Jesus, speak of what He did and what He taught. Doctrine and Covenants 1:11-12 tells us that His voice will be even unto the ends of the earth. Go forth so that faith will increase in the earth. Christ’s everlasting gospel is found only in the Church of Jesus Christ. The simple and the weak will declare this truth. You know things that even kings don’t know!
- How do we gain the strength to fulfill our calling? Through courage and determination. There are no easy missions. Missions require sacrifice.
- 1 John 4:19 — We love Him because He loved us first.
- The Resurrection, The Atonement, The Return. Think on these three things.
- John 11:25-26 are important verses. Think about every aspect of His resurrection.
- I bear my witness. I know that Jesus is our Redeemer because I personal experiences that are too sacred to relate. I know He lives. I assure you that Jesus is not far from His ordained apostles and prophets.