Elder Neil L. Andersen, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Tuesday devotional, August 15, 2017
Tuesday devotional, Elder Neil L. Andersen, of the Quorum of the Twelve, August 15, 2017.
- I feel a great sense of gratitude for you, you are part of our family.
- What a privilege it is to pray, we don’t need an appointment, anytime, anywhere.
- Her grandson said, “He hear-ed me!” after he prayed.
- Don’t take for granted the privilege of hearing from prophets, seers, and revelators here at the MTC.
Elder Neil L. Andersen:
- He will form the 100th stake in the Philippines next month.
- We have the charge to take the gospel to all the world, and the apostles think about that all the time. Now you can share our insomnia with us.
- Safeguard your flame of faith. Don’t let yourself or anyone else extinguish that precious flame.
- Angels continue to minister to people, including the country where you will serve!
- I promise you that wherever you serve, there are people who have been prepared for your message.
- Work hard. Finding is the key, but it is also very hard. The elect will hear His voice and your voice. Want to find yourself, then lose yourself. President Hinckley said that his decision to go to work seared his soul and set the path for the rest of his life.
- When he was mission president, he had a hard time with the continual rejection that his missionaries faced. He asked the Lord how he could remove the sorrow from the missionaries. The Lord answered, “Don’t worry about the missionaries. You didn’t call them, I DID! I will protect my missionaries”.
- You will come to know the Lord intimately in your extremities. Missionary work is a daily tutorial in faith.
- Faith is substance and evidence. The Lord will tell you what to say and where to go.
- Your very presence will be a witness of your message.
- Faith can bring things to pass that seem impossible.
- I promise you that if you work and pray and obey, you will be AMAZED at the faith and strength you obtain very quickly.
- Set goals and make plans. Goals and plans transform hope into action.
- Look for young people your age! They aren’t steeped in disbelief or ambivalence.
- He showed a wonderful video clip about ‘the missionaries found me’.
- I promise you there are righteous people looking for the gospel that you possess.
- My apostolic witness is that Christ lives, that He is resurrected. He lives, I witness that He lives. I am His Witness.