Elder Neil L. Anderson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Tuesday devotional, May 14, 2019
Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- 6 principles of repentance
- Awakening unto God (Alma 5:7)
- The plan of redemption
- The choice of good and evil (Alma 29:5)
- Jesus Christ is central to the plan of redemption (John 17:3, Alma 38:8)
- Obstacles and detours to repentance (repentance is NOT a punishment)
- A broken heart and a contrite spirit
- Nothing is more liberating, enabling, and crucial than a regular daily focus on repentance
- It is a process that results in happiness and peace of mind.
- Repentance opens our access to the Atonement of the Savior, and it brings power.
- Daily repentance leads to personal purity, and daily repentance brings happiness.
- Repentance is not a punishment — it is a blessing.
- There is no one who can teach repentance more effectively than someone who has utilized this great principle in his or her life.
- Say nothing but repentance unto this generation.
- How do I know that I have been forgiven? When you feel the spirit of the Lord bear witness to you and you feel it, you are being forgiven. The spirit will let you know that you have been forgiven.
- Several of the missionaries in our branch mentioned how great it was to hear an apostle quoting our prophet. Elder Anderson drew heavily upon President Nelson’s remarks in the April 2019 General Conference.
- It was recommended that we read Elder Christoffersen’s conference talk in October 2011 entitled, “The Divine Gift of Repentance”.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page