Elder Neil L. Andersen, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Tuesday devotional, January 10, 2017
Tuesday devotional, Elder Neil L. Andersen, of the Quorum of the Twelve, January 10, 2017. Also on the podium were Elders Nielson, Schwitzer, Zeballos, Zwick, Arnold, and Uceda. These brethren were all on the MTC campus due to the Mission President’s seminar that was in progress.
Elder Neil L. Andersen:
- Set aside your lives for a few months and do something GREAT!
- Elder Uceda was serving as a bishop in Lima, Peru in 1992. He had traveled to Quito, Ecuador for some training. He received a phone call from President Hinckley, who asked him to serve as a mission president in Peru. He received 2 hours of training in Quito, was set apart, and he returned to Lima as a new mission president.
- Only with time will you see the full benefits of your missionary service. Be patient with yourselves, there will be many adjustments, plead with God, seek His love.
- Your mission will be a treasured “badge of honor”.
- You will be able to touch people that perhaps other missionaries have not been able to touch.
- Stick to your missionary labor no matter how hard it is, and rest assured that it will be hard!
- Look for those between the ages of 15 and 25. This age group are often seeking things of the spirit. In every country there are religious people seeking the truth. Youth will often be open and communicative.
- Great missionaries smile, they are bold, they are personal, they share, they become friends of the people.
- As we testify of the Savior, He will confess our names before the Father.
- If you don’t know what to say, talk of Christ!
- Find out something new about the Savior every day! Due to the Restoration, we know more about Jesus than any other group of people. Memorize scriptures about Him.
- Learn to testify of Him, learn more about His resurrection. Speak of what He taught his disciples.
- Elder Andersen and his wife read a chapter of the Book of Mormon every day. We never speak enough about Jesus. The Holy Ghost will give you truth.
- I give you my witness that He lives and guides this work. This is the Church of Jesus Christ, our commission is to take His gospel to the ends of the earth. He wants a righteous people in every part of the world when He returns. I promise you that He lives. I witness that He lives. I am His witness.