Mission Conference – January 7, 2018
Mission Conference, Sunday, January 7, 2018
- Don’t weary of the work. Abinadi had just one convert, ALMA! There was a great ripple effect.
- Lombardi took his players back to the basics. We are going to do that to you today, however, missionary work is not a game. See 2 Nephi 31:10-11 and 3 Nephi 11:23,32.
- If you feel a prompting, act on it and bless a life.
- If the Lord needs an errand, let Tom Monson be the one to fulfill it.
- The spirit is the most important thing in this work.
- Ways the spirit can testify: peace, trust, good, dealing justly, love, joy, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, temperance, swelling, expanding, enlarging, deliciousness.
- Do you love to get answers to your questions? There are many seeking the truth but they don’t know where to find it. Wear out your life in answering questions for people.
- A good approach that works on people: “Have you ever wondered _______________? If we could answer that question, would you allow us to come and explain it to you?”
- Blessings in this life and in the life to come. Consider upon the blessed and happy state of those who keep the commandments.
- Test – experiment – contact – wrestle – legal experiment. There is spiritual growth through refining. Pray to have your eyes opened.
- Your faces are wonderful. Difference between power and authority.
- Godly power: learn about him, have faith and follow Him, make covenants, reach up
- Stand out, speak out, reach out, be dependable
- Draw his power into your life
- Moses 7:13 – Enoch, Alma 17:48 – Ammon, 1 Nephi 17:48 – Nephi, Mosiah 13:6-7 – Abinadi, D&C 11:21, D&C 31:11
Click here to return to the Mission Conference index
Click here to return to the Provo MTC index page