Missionary Conference — Sunday, December 2, 2018
Mission Conference, Sunday, December 2, 2018
1/ President and Sister Rahlf
- There is no better time to be a missionary than during the Christmas season.
- A simple descending scale on the piano, with appropriate pauses, delivers the BEST NEWS of all. Hum the first line of “Joy To The World”.
- How do our Christmas carols teach the doctrine of Christ?
- Faith in Christ — Long lay the world in sin and error pining… The people in the Americas watched steadfastly for the day and the night and the day without darkness (great faith).
- Repentance — Peace on earth and mercy mild, God and sinners reconciled. 2 Nephi 25:23 To reconcile means to restore friendly relations or to coexist in harmony.
- Baptism — to save our souls from Satan’s power when we have gone astray… Ether 4:18
- Holy Ghost — God rest ye merry, gentlemen really means God make you mighty, gentlemen. Glory streams from heaven above
- Endure to the end — …where meek souls shall receive him still, the dear Christ enters in. Wise men still seek Him. We bring you glad tidings of great joy.
2/ Sister Gilbert
- Let there be peace on earth, sung by a little Claire Crosby, with her father and the Piano Guys in the background. Very sweet
- What can I let go of in my life as a gift to the Savior?
3/ President Gilbert
- Who is the great peace giver?
- Spiritually LAME? Refusing to ‘walk’ with the Savior
- Spiritually BLIND? Refusing to ‘see’ the good in others
- Spiritually HALT? Moving sluggishly due to anger, sin, or contention
- Spiritually MAIMED? Nursing grudges or hostilities
- Spiritually DUMB? Refusing to open our mouths in defense of the Lord and His gospel
4/ Sister Martino
- What experience have you had with the Atonement?
- Everything in the gospel is an appendage to the Atonement
- What lack I yet? The atonement is for both sinners AND saints
- What is keeping me from progressing? Find the answer and make a change!
5/ President Martino
- Without Easter there would be no Christmas. Alma 7:23
- Adorn your own Christmas tree with the various names of the Savior and ponder the meaning of each one — Savior, Messiah, Jehovah, Beloved Son, Lamb of God, Only Begotten, Wonderful, Holy One, Counselor, Prince of Peace, Advocate.