Mission Conference – November 5, 2017
- Keep my commandments and ye shall prosper. The Book of Mormon is proof of Joseph Smith’s divine call.
- Jesus came to the Americas, voice heard from heaven, can you imagine touching His hands or having your child sit on His lap?
- Power of the Book of Mormon is immeasurable. The Book of Mormon combined with the spirit is the most powerful instrument we have.
- Power = the spirit bearing witness. The power is in the witness. It has the greatest converting power.
- Don’t take the Book of Mormon for granted. There are spiritual footprints in the Book of Mormon.
- Some footprint statements are 1 Nephi 3:7 and 3:15. Watch for angels to show up, because they will. See 1 Nephi 4:1 and 1 Nephi 4:6-7 (he didn’t have a plan but he was spiritually prepared).
- The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book. It is the keystone of our religion.
- His father joined because of the Book of Mormon.
- Book of Mormon is drenched in Christology (phrase coined by Elder Neal A. Maxwell). There are 101 different names of Christ in the Book of Mormon, and 4591 different references to Christ. Of the 531 pages in the Book of Mormon, 501 mention Christ.
- What the Book of Mormon does:
- Confirms major events in Christ’s life
- Confirms doctrinal truths of Christ
- Expands our understanding of the atonement
- Clarifies Biblical passages about Christ
- Shows how Christ fulfilled Old Testament prophecy
- Shows many lives that were devoted to Christ
- Convinces us of truth (see 2 Nephi 2:8)
- How is the Book of Mormon a Liahona for us? It doesn’t matter what critics of the church say because the Book of Mormon is true! See 2 Nephi 32, verses 3 and 5. These verses are a ‘SHOW AND TELL’ in the Book of Mormon.
- The Lord will speak to you through the Book of Mormon – take the 30 day challenge.
- The Book of Mormon is a textbook for life. Take time to “unpack” each verse as you read.