Mission Conference – September 3, 2017
Sister District President
- Missionaries are to teach the Doctrine of Christ. See 2 Nephi 31:10.
- The Holy Spirit carries the message ‘unto’ the heart, but not ‘into’. The recipient must receive it ‘into’ the heart.
- Obedience is the key.
- Elder Mendoza served in their mission. He was so in tune with the Doctrine of Christ that he used it to answer every question he had during his mission. He would say to his mission president “Do you have a spare 20 minutes? Would you like to witness a miracle?” and he would then go out among the people and produce miracles.
- What is a convert?
- It all starts with Heavenly Father as a loving Heavenly Father (Moses 1:39). He presented His Plan, He created the world, and gave us agency. Adam and Eve used their agency to partake of the fruit and bring about mortality, resurrection, judgement, and exaltation.
- In Luke 24, the resurrected Christ appears to His disciples and stated that a spirit does not have flesh and bone as He had.
- Helaman 5:11 mentions ‘angels’ among the people. Who are these angels? YOU are those angels!
- The Book of Mormon teaches the Doctrine of Christ over and over again.
- In Moroni 8:25-26, Moroni presents the Doctrine of Christ again, even at the very end of his ministry.
- Sometimes you need to move forward when the way is not clear, without actually knowing what will occur.
- What you don’t know should never overshadow what we do know.
- Take my yoke upon you and learn of me — notice the sequence, we first start to work and then we continue learning and progressing. We don’t sit around waiting and asking and hoping — we go to work.
- Alma 32:21 states: “And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true.”
- Examples of faith include the widow of Zarephath, and Nephi who went forth not knowing beforehand the things that he needed to do, and Peter dropped his nets even though he had fished all night with no success.
- I can do anything as long as I am connected to heaven.
- Nephi — I MUST speak of the doctrine of Christ.
- Don’t skip any steps: faith, repentance, baptism, reception of the Holy Spirit, enduring to the end. This is not a checklist but an eternal round.
- 2 Nephi 31:10 says: “And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?” How am I doing?
- Notice the Father speaks in many verses in this chapter.
- 2 Nephi 31 also tells us that we can speak with the tongues of angels if we follow the Son.
- I notice there is a lack of spirit in many of our residence halls.