Mission Conference – June 4, 2017
President and Sister Priday
- Sabbath Day, Doctrine and Covenants 59.
- We renew our covenants as we partake of the sacrament.
- The doctrine of Christ is a rotating wheel, not a checklist.
- They missed partaking of the sacrament when they had to attend a stake conference every week. They asked elders to administer the sacrament for them each Sunday night.
- We can’t get even with the Lord. We are always in His debt.
- How can the Lord answer your prayers if you are not there to listen?
- Small and simple things can bring miraculous results.
- The Sabbath lasts ALL day, we must observe it from start to finish to remain unspotted.
- If the Savior stood beside me…
- She related Elder Brent H. Nielson’s experience of being told to BECOME during his first two days as a general authority.
- How do you BECOME a missionary? Search, ponder, pray.
- Doctrine and Covenants 88:63, Moroni 10:3-4, 3 Nephi 17.
- Take time to ponder.
- Preparation to partake of the sacrament begins well before Sacrament meeting. He shared Elder Renlund’s story of the Ghana saints who couldn’t partake for many months, and how they hungered and thirsted for the sacrament when they could finally partake.
- The spirit cleanses and changes us as we partake.
- What do you think about while participating in the sacrament?
- We should think about growing, progressing, and changing.
- Dynamite comes in small packages (describing herself).
- If you want your converts to stay active, they need to understand the sacrament.
- Isaiah 58:13-14 (not thy or my, but HIM)
- Delight yourself in the Lord, put Him first!
- Malachi 3:10 Prove me now herewith. This applies to all of his commandments, not just the paying of tithing.
- The general authorities feel that Sabbath observance is TOP priority for the Lord.
- If just 5 to 10 years, the Sabbath will be desecrated world wide. It already is!
- Begin with the end in mind – Become As He Is.
- Covenants make the Celestial Kingdom possible.
- Glory of the sun? Covenants and ordinances (baptism, priesthood, temple).
- Doctrine and Covenants 76:67-70.
- That which I have I can easily give you, but that which I am you must obtain for yourself.
Click here to return to the Mission Conference index
Click here to return to the Provo MTC index page