Mission Conference — May 6, 2018 — Provo Missionary Training Center
Mission Conference — May 6, 2018
President and Sister Priday
- The doctrine of Christ is taught throughout the Book of Mormon, especially in 2 Nephi 31 and 3 Nephi 11 and 27. It is faith in Jesus, repentance, baptism, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. Why is our missionary purpose closely tied to the doctrine of Christ? Because we are called to testify of Jesus, to walk the path of Jesus. No one else can do this – we have the doctrine AND the authority to preach it.
- Are you lost, confused, embarrassed? You can always “try again”.
- Return, renew, rejoice.
- Satan knows your name but calls you by your sin – God knows your sin but calls you by your name.
- Whatever the cost of repentance, that cost is swallowed up in the joy of forgiveness. Quote from D. Todd Christoffersen
- With Jesus, you always have someone on your side.
- What can you do to strengthen your faith in Jesus? Keep your covenants, marrow deep.
- The pioneers did not endure the trek west to be part of a program, or a social event. They had their eyes on the Savior. Put the Lord first.
- Have faith in the Lord that He CAN bless you, not that He always will.
- Why are we baptized? To follow Jesus, fulfill all righteousness, to make a covenant
- Christ taught baptism to the Nephites. He mentioned baptism 19 times in 22 verses in 3 Nephi 12 and 13.
- Holy Ghost – he taught Nicodemus
- The power of the Holy Ghost is fleeting. The gift of the Holy Ghost is permanent.
- The doctrine of Christ = our missionary purpose
- Faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, endure to the end. This is NOT a checklist. We must use it day in and day out. We renew this covenant every Sunday,
- Endure not to the end, but to the TEMPLE.
- Everyone must have their ABRAHAMIC experience.
Click here to return to the Mission Conference index
Click here to return to the Provo MTC index page