Mission Conference – March 5, 2017
- What is charity? Christ ministered to ALL! We should show charity to our companions.
- Charity is a gift from God, and we need to pray to be filled with it
- Avoid negative feelings or expressions. Charity, like faith, leads to action!
- We are not to judge others. Use compromise with your companions.
- Charity is a more HOLY way.
- We have great love for you. Please don’t ever say “That’s just not who I am” or “That’s not the way I like to do things.” Our natures can be changed! See Mosiah 3:19.
- Preach My Gospel chapter 6 gives us a process by which we can change our nature.
- 3 Nephi 11 — they approached the Savior ONE BY ONE
- We should talk with everyone! Pray for the ability to talk with everyone. Talking with everyone is an act of charity.
- Overcome F-E-A-R (Fake Experiences Appearing Real)
- Jesus paid attention to those with special needs. Preach My Gospel page 177, all are unique.
- Pray for those you teach, as the Savior did in 3 Nephi 17.
- The joy of repentance. We should undergo course corrections daily!
- Repentance is not a one-time event — it is a journey.
- It is also not a ‘backup plan’ — it is the plan of happiness for every person.
- President Russell M. Nelson: “The Lord is never disappointed in a person who is trying to repent.”
- There is a difference between repenting OF and repenting TO. Be a vessel of light.
- I love my wife, she is the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am wholly committed to her for eternity.
- Preach My Gospel pages 63-64 = the blessings of baptism 1) opens the gateway to the celestial kingdom 2) sins are forgiven 3) the Holy Ghost becomes your companion 4) you become a member of the church 5) you are reborn and can make a fresh start 6) we can become as He is.
- We need to be able to bear strong testimony of the beauty of our baptismal covenants.
- Teach repentance, baptize converts.
- Baptism is part of a gospel continuum, not an isolated event.
- Brother Martino would not propose to her until she had read the Book of Mormon with real intent.
- Great teachers have the image of Christ engraven in their countenances.
- We teach by who we are; we need to become even as He is; His image should be engraven in our countenances.
- We all have TO DO lists, but few have TO BE lists. TO DO’s are easy to quantify, TO BE’s are not easily quantified.
- The attributes of Christ: faith, hope, charity, love, virtue, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence, obedience.
- Knowledge leads to testimony. Our traditions should be the doctrine of Christ. We should covenant to do the will of the Father. We should be converted to the Lord. See Alma 23:5-6
- Weapons of rebellion for missionaries: disobedience, quarreling, self-doubt, pride, wasting time, being a natural man.
Click here to return to the Mission Conference index
Click here to return to the Provo MTC index page