Missionary Conference — Sunday, March 3, 2019
Mission Conference, Sunday, March 3, 2019
1/ President and Sister Cook of Branch 26
- Heavenly Father knows you and loves you.
- Our topic today is ‘Our Missionary Purpose’.
- In 3 Nephi 27 Jesus tells his disciples to do the things which they saw Him do.
- His work and His glory is to bring to pass our eternal life.
- He wants us to become like Him
- Heavenly Father loves us –> He created Earth for us –> He established a purpose for our lives –> We are to obtain bodies, be tested, and obtain joy –> He placed Adam and Eve on Earth –> Their fall brought about physical and spiritual death –> Christ’s Atonement brings resurrection, forgiveness through repentance –> The Doctrine of Christ is faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and endurance –> Attaining eternal life is possible –> dwell again with God
- The missionary purpose incorporates all of the above.
2/ Sister Rahlf
- Elder Bednar recently visited the Holy Lands. He said one does not need to visit those sites to have a firm witness of the divinity of Christ.
- The Holy Ghost can witness to any earnest seeker in any locale on Earth.
- How can we ‘remember’ Jesus? Through proper thoughts. Keep your thoughts pure (‘clear the weeds’).
- Satan knows our names, but calls us by our weaknesses; the Lord knows our weaknesses but calls us by our names.
3/ President Rahlf
- We are to invite others to come unto Christ. The Book of Mormon is full of ‘invitations’. We invite – we don’t command or insist or bully.
- 2 Nephi 31 — both the Father and the Son speak in this chapter.
- Follow me and I will make you fishers of men. I am the vine, you are the branches. Branches cannot receive nourishment with the vine.
- There is only 1 lifter for every 20 leaners. Are you a lifter or a leaner?
4/ Sister LeSeuer
- Repent. D&C 18:9. Come unto Jesus – He will safely guide you.
- God never deserts us, but we can exclude Him by our actions or sins.
- 2 Nephi 28:32 — The arm of the Lord is always extended or outstretched to us.
- To obtain joy — repent, help others come unto repentance, save souls
4/ President LeSeuer
- Years ago I warned a boy about a bull that was charging at him. He jumped out of the way. It was Wilford Anderson, and he is now a general authority.
- Faith – Nephi seeking the brass plates.
- There is a faith to try and a faith to do. Faith to try is thrusting in your sickle, faith to do is reaping with your sickle.
- Faith to reap:
- Believe in Jesus and His atonement. Have faith in what Jesus can do through us.
- Align our wills with God’s will. Helaman 10:5
- God can’t guide our footsteps if we don’t move our feet. Go to work
- Be consistent in your efforts.
- Watch the new Safety Zone videos on the portal.