Missionary Conference — Sunday, March 1, 2020
Mission Conference, Sunday, March 1, 2020. The theme of the conference was ‘The Restoration’.
1/ President and Sister Frandsen:
- President Nelson has asked us to be prepared for a remarkable General Conference next month in which we celebrate the First Vision.
- Many miracles led up to the Restoration, including the use of papyrus, then paper, the printing of books, many religious reformers who paved a way.
- God is our loving Heavenly Father. In the 1820’s, God was portrayed as vengeful, spiteful, and harsh, also unknowable and unapproachable. Joseph Smith found just the opposite. He saw a God who was quick to forgive, personable, and very interested in us and our welfare.
- God’s plan is meant to help us find peace. His plan is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Home is the best place to learn of Jesus Christ.
- God reveals His truths in every dispensation. His children are free to accept it or reject it.
- Our Savior’s life is a reflection of God’s love. Jesus came to atone for our sins, to organize His church. He was rejected by the people of His day, and the Great Apostasy followed.
2/ Sister Moon
- The re-telling of the First Vision will always bring the Spirit into a room or into a conversation.
- Anchor yourselves to Jesus Christ by listening to His ordained apostles. Look to the prophet for safety and guidance.
- The Book of Mormon provides evidence of the divinity of Jesus Christ and evidence of Joseph Smith’s divine calling.
- The Lord’s kingdom is on earth now!
3/ President Moon
- No matter where you serve, center your message on the Restoration!
- If the First Vision occurred, all we proclaim is true. If it did not occur, our religion is fraudulent.
- Every human deserves to hear the message of the First Vision and the Restoration.
- The world was in spiritual darkness for centuries, and then the First Vision occurred.
- Joseph said that he had seen a light, and he knew he had seen a light, and he knew that God knew that he had seen a light. In the light he saw two personages. He could not deny it, nor would he.
- We can pray and know as well.
- Elder Bednar tells us that some people have revelation similar to turning on a light switch, suddenly. Others experience revelation more as a sunrise, slowly and gradually.
- We stand on the rock of revelation. Our 11th Article of Faith tells us that we believe all that God has revealed, all the He is now revealing, and that He will yet reveal great truths.
- The heavens are open and God speaks to our prophets.
- All churches except ours are simply variations on a New Testament theme, without the full truth.
- Jesus told us that straight is the gate and narrow the way that leads to eternal life. The Book of Mormon tells us exactly what the gate is in 2 Nephi 31.
Click here to return to the ‘Mission Conference’ index
Click here to return to the MTC index page