Missionary Conference — Sunday, January 5, 2020
Mission Conference, Sunday, January 5, 2020. The theme of the conference was ‘Repentance’.
1/ Sister Hemingway:
- Repentance is a gift, not a punishment. Repentance begins and ends with the Savior.
- I love even numbers, so 2020 is going to be a good year. It is a new beginning, a new start.
- Repentance has to be linked to the Atonement of our Savior. The Atonement can bring our lives into alignment with the Savior’s will.
- King Benjamin’s people desired to have the atoning blood of Jesus applied to them (Mosiah 4:2-3).
- Alma the Younger, in Alma 36:18-20, pleaded with the Lord to have mercy on him.
- Sincere repentance lifts burdens. Nothing is more liberating than a focus on daily repentance (President Nelson).
- Repentance opens access to the atoning sacrifice of the Savior.
- Personal purity can make us powerful instruments in God’s hands.
- Daily repentance leads to purity; purity leads to power.
2/ Brother Hemingway
- The Lord stressed repentance as the Church was organized (see Doctrine and Covenants 6:9, 11:9, 15:6, 18:34, and 19:21)
- President Oaks spoke of true repentance and our covenants.
- Elder McCune recently spoke of teaching repentance by using inspired invitations.
- Preach My Gospel, page 64, mentions that true repentance requires recognition, remorse, confession, restitution, correction.
- In the pamphlet entitled ‘The Gospel of Jesus Christ’, pages 4-7, it mentions acknowledging the Savior, forgiving others, and that forgiveness comes through the Savior.
- Repentance without the atonement of the Lord is just change. Forgiveness comes through Him.
- Get on your knees. Aaron in Alma 22 understood repentance.
- Tonight, when you pray, specifically ask the Lord to FORGIVE you.
3/ Sister Watson
- Elder Ballard has asked us to contemplate what the Lord did for us in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- What do I need to change in my life to take advantage of the Savior’s love for me?
- Love your companion, devote your time to the Lord.
- Change your thoughts and desires that are not in tune with the Lord.
- Behold, this is my gospel, to be lifted up by men, that I might draw all men unto me.
- Give up your sins and sorrows to Him. See Doctrine and Covenants 19.
4/ President Watson
- We are amazed at your great faith, young friends.
- You are probably perfect in living the Word of Wisdom, in not profaning the Lord’s name, and others, but we all have progress to make.
- Cleanse and purify your hearts and minds.
- What is the worth of your soul?
- Don’t let the Sacrament become routine. Repent during the Sacrament.
- Our souls are of such worth that Heavenly Father gave us His perfect son to suffer for us.
Click here to return to the ‘Mission Conference’ index
Click here to return to the MTC index page