President Linda K. Burton and her husband, Craig
Tuesday devotional, October 4, 2016
- D&C 79, Jared Carter, the power of the ordination.
- Anxiety felt before, but the mantle is placed and confidence grows.
- The mantle is too big for all of us, but we can grow into it. The mantle actually adapts to the missionary.
- What will happen when the mantle is removed? It depends on who we have become!
- 3 Nephi 5:13, Who are you and who are you becoming? Whose are you?
- Emphasize the word “Behold” in that verse. This is Mormon speaking; he has had a challenging and difficult life, and it correlates well with a missionary purpose.
- What did you feel during street contacting? Planting seeds.
- Missionary work is not “pass/fail”. You get an A+ as long as you share.
- The Lord is “letting us have the privilege” of sharing His message.
- Faith is replacing our will with God’s will. Obedience leads to faith. Faith moves mountains.
- Repentance: the atonement covers all, Christ chose to forgive us because He loves us. Repentance should be a daily self-evaluation.