Elder and Sister Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, October 18, 2016
1/ Sister Robbins
- Whom the Lord calls the Lord qualifies.
- All hardships we face are worthwhile. You will be challenged on your missions. You are enough, you are qualified. When you are on the Lord’s errand, you are entitled to His help.
2/ Elder Robbins
- The most important Preach My Gospel chapter? Probably chapter 6
- Christ’s greatest sermon? His life!
- The greatest form of adulation is emulation.
- True story: A recalcitrant elder was about to be sent home from his mission. One of the Assistants to the President said, “Please don’t send him home. Let me be his companion out in the field.” The elder completed his mission and the Assistant to the President was a savior on Mount Zion. Blessings flowed due to obedience.
- Obedience brings blessings – exact obedience brings miracles.
- The greatest university in the world? The LDS mission field. Courses included Cleanliness 101, Faith 505, Diligence 505, Marriage Preparation 505, and Work 606.
- You need to understand the WHY, not just the WHAT.
- When he presided over a mission, he always left elders together who requested transfers due to companion problems.
- Two great doctrinal insights 1) “LOVE” is a commandment. We CHOOSE to love a companion, a child, a spouse. We do not FALL IN to love, nor do we FALL OUT of love. Love is a choice. Mosiah 4 tells us to teach our children to love one another. 2) To BE is as important as to DO. We need more TO BE lists, less TO DO lists.