Elder and Sister Kevin R. Duncan of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, May 15, 2018
Tuesday devotional, Elder and Sister Kevin R. Duncan of the Seventy, Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Elder and Sister Duncan spoke together at the microphone:
- Elder Duncan read the Book of Mormon in 12 days as a 12 year old boy.
- Alma 32:27 tells us to awake and arouse our faculties, and to exercise a particle of faith, to have desire, give place for a portion of Alma’s words.
- Seeds are powerful, and we can reap delicious fruit when the seeds have fulfilled their purpose.
- S E E D is an acronym for swelling in the breast, expand, enlighten, and become delicious (see Alma 32). Feast every day.
- A robber stole a Book of Mormon and read it. He wrote a letter to the woman from whom he had stolen the book, telling her that the book literally changed his life.
- A project was carried out that had non-members read one page of the Book of Mormon and then give their comments.
- 2 Nephi 27:14 states: “Wherefore, the Lord God will proceed to bring forth the words of the book; and in the mouth of as many witnesses as seemeth him good will he establish his word; and wo be unto him that rejecteth the word of God!”
- Use the Book of Mormon, as it is a powerful way to bring people to the truth.
- Many missionaries under-utilize the Book of Mormon.
- A survey showed that only 1 in 20 converts has had a spiritual experience with the Book of Mormon.
- Read the Book of Mormon with investigators, have ward members come and read with them also.
- Feast upon it, teach it, pray over it (the Book of Mormon).