Sister Joy Jones, General Primary President, and her husband, Brother Robert Jones
Tuesday devotional, November 8, 2016
Brother Robert Jones
- As a high school student, he decided to attend a seminary class as a nonmember. The Seminary teacher said “I served a mission…”. Brother Jones reported that that phrase was like a fire burning into his heart. This is an example of “…my sheep know My voice!”
- You will spend about 17,500 hours on your mission. Don’t waste a single hour.
- He went on a mission without having read the Book of Mormon or without knowing that Joseph had seen the Father and the Son. He had to use a lot of hours gaining a testimony. Don’t do the same thing.
- There is no weapon that can be formed against you that will prosper.
- Heaven is holding conversations about YOU! Angels are watching over YOU!
- This mission will change your world. Small beginnings can have large effects.
- Teach and testify – let God’s love shine through you.
- Do you know you are a child of God and have divine worth?
- We must know WHOSE we are to know WHO we are!
- SMILE – we have the greatest message in the universe and we offer it free of charge.
- Ephesians 3:17-19 breadth, width, height
- Make exact obedience your quest. Forced obedience yields no blessings, said Elder Richard G. Scott. When obedience ceases to be an irritant and is viewed as a blessing, great things happen. Ezra Taft Benson.
- Leave your pre-mission life behind you.
- Naaman was told to dip in the river 7 times, not 2 or 3 or 4, but 7. He had to be exactly obedient to receive the blessing.
- Exact obedience mentioned in Book of Mormon in Alma 57:21
- The Kingdom of God or Nothing! was John Taylor’s motto.
- I am so much happier and confident when I am obedient.