Sister Joy Jones, General Primary President, and her husband, Brother Robert Jones
Tuesday devotional, May 16, 2017
Brother Robert Jones
- Missionaries, you are looking for me!
- He related how he found the gospel. He saw his neighbor get beat up, but his family didn’t believe him. But he knew he had seen a fight.
- A friend told him about seminary. He went by himself. The Seminary teacher said he had served a “mission” and a feeling set his soul on fire.
- No students talked to him because he smelt like cigarette smoke (his parents).
- When he read the Joseph Smith story, he related to Joseph who knew he had seen something but no one believed.
- He was called to serve a mission in Germany, and he felt that he knew nothing, but he knew enough.
- God and Jesus know you by name.
- There are no accidents in the Kingdom, just divine plans and purposes.
- You are going out to “touch the world”, but your mission will change “your world”.
- Mark 2: crowded house, 4 men lowered a palsied man through the roof. They found a way, they persisted, what price are you willing to pay to bring someone to Christ? What are our options? Create your opportunities.
- You can do miracles through the Lord’s will.
- Every day in the mission field has the potential for miracles.
- You will be the miracle in some person’s life.
- The greatest miracle in the church is CONVERSION.
- Watch for the miracles. The Kingdom of God or nothing! TKOGON
- The closer you get to the leaders of this church, the better they look.