Sister Joy Jones, General Primary President, and her husband, Brother Robert Jones
Tuesday devotional, May 16, 2017
Brother Robert Jones
- Missionaries, you are looking for me!
- He related how he found the gospel. He saw his neighbor get beat up, but his family didn’t believe him. But he knew he had seen a fight.
- A friend told him about seminary. He went by himself. The Seminary teacher said he had served a “mission” and a feeling set his soul on fire.
- No students talked to him because he smelt like cigarette smoke (his parents).
- When he read the Joseph Smith story, he related to Joseph who knew he had seen something but no one believed.
- He was called to serve a mission in Germany, and he felt that he knew nothing, but he knew enough.
- God and Jesus know you by name.
- There are no accidents in the Kingdom, just divine plans and purposes.
- You are going out to “touch the world”, but your mission will change “your world”.
- Mark 2: crowded house, 4 men lowered a palsied man through the roof. They found a way, they persisted, what price are you willing to pay to bring someone to Christ? What are our options? Create your opportunities.
- You can do miracles through the Lord’s will.
- Every day in the mission field has the potential for miracles.
- You will be the miracle in some person’s life.
- The greatest miracle in the church is CONVERSION.
- Watch for the miracles. The Kingdom of God or nothing! TKOGON
- The closer you get to the leaders of this church, the better they look.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page