President Jean B. Bingham, General Relief Society President, and her husband Bruce Bingham
Tuesday devotional, May 1, 2018
Tuesday devotional, President Jean B. Bingham, General Relief Society President, and her husband Bruce Bingham
- There is no place more holy that the Missionary Training Center except temples and our homes.
- You are ambassadors for the Lord. You will know that better when in the field. Rely on the Spirit.
- You will be given thoughts, feelings, and you will be good enough.
- You must qualify for the spirit by obedience.
- You will become a finely-honed instrument in the Lord’s hands.
- Strive for a higher level of obedience. Take faith-filled steps into the darkness.
- Feast upon the word. You will be more perfect at the end of your mission.
- What is worthiness? Answering correctly the temple recommend questions.
- You know enough. There will be those who want to distract, destroy, or disavow.
- Protect yourself through prayer, fasting, and scripture study.
- If you don’t understand a rule or commandment, obey anyway. Faith will take over and you will eventually understand.
- You are placing a capstone on your life thus far by serving a mission.
- The sealing in the temple is the pivotal point of all eternity for each individual.
- I feel your glow.
- I want to talk about perseverance, persistence, tenacity, grit, and determination.
- Missionary work is a sublime experience with many challenges, including emotional, physical, and spiritual.
- You will feel joy and satisfaction in your work. Look outside yourselves because service brings joy.
- Important coping points:
- Faith in God — Philippians 4:13 I can do all things in Christ. See also Doctrine and Covenants 123:16-17, 1 Nephi 7:12, Mormon 9:21, 1 Nephi 17:3
- This life is a test! Growing pains bring growth! See Colossians 1:23
- Mortality is worth it! See Doctrine and Covenants 6:13 and 1 Corinthians 2:9 (‘eye hath not seen nor ear heard…)
- You hold in your hand the happiness of more people than you can possibly imagine!