Elder and Sister Hugo Martinez of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, December 5, 2017
Tuesday devotional, Elder and Sister Hugo Martinez, December 5, 2017
- They were converted in 1982. For her, the principle of “Families can be together forever” was the main converting principle.
- She prayed to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet. She received no vision, no voice from heaven, but she knew.
- They were sealed just 13 months after their baptism. That was the biggest blessing in my life, she said.
- They are eternally grateful for the missionaries that left their homes and came to Jackson, Mississippi to find them.
- They are both physicians, he is a family practice doctor and she is a pediatrician.
- The Lord knew us when we were converted. We were both away from our homes, just like the missionaries. We could relate to them.
- The elders were guided to our home. They changed the order of their memorized lessons to meet our needs. The first people we met in the LDS chapel were two sisters from Puerto Rico. The bishop of the ward was Elder Martinez’ faculty adviser at medical school.
- What is the missionary handbook? A book of commandments. Through your obedience faith will increase.
- Jesus shed drops of blood for each of us.
- The worth of souls is great!
- Doctrine and Covenants 29:7 The elect of God listen and do not harden their hearts. President Monson gave the key to helping non-members soften their heart — teach with the love of Christ and their hearts will be softened.
- Commit non-members to act! They must act in order for their faith to grow (read Book of Mormon, go to church, pray, etc.)
- Do you believe there is a living prophet today? Matthew 7:15
- “I don’t know” is an acceptable answer (Nephi and Adam both gave that response)
- YOU MUST ALWAYS BE AT YOUR BEST! No slacking off. The Lord never slacked.
- You are being custom made or tailor made for your future interested friends.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page