Elder and Sister Brent H. Nielson of the Seventy
Tuesday devotional, November 22, 2016
- Thank you, we love you. Be reassured.
- Is your mission more challenging than you thought it would be?
- She was frustrated at a point in the past when she had to give a very challenging talk. The Lord whispered to her, “I have been preparing you for a lifetime. Trust me and say the things that I will put in your mind and your heart.”
- The Lord will inspire you when you need to be inspired. Say what is in your heart.
- 2 Timothy 1:7. Do not fear – you have power.
- Helaman 7:7 “Things were better then…” “Oh that I could have had my days…”
- These are your days – there are no better times than these!
- Joseph Smith said that we have no idea of the destiny of this church. We now have 34 missions in Brazil, and 7 stakes in Hong Kong! By 1930, the church had 300,000 members. Now we are approaching 17 million.
- We add 1.4 million names to Family Search every day! How? Missionaries just like you.
- Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies.
- When you are on the Lord’s errand, you are entitled to His blessings and help.
- Elder Packer said that in over 40 years working with the Brethren, never once did he detect FEAR among them.
- Fear and faith can’t coexist.
- Elder Holland talked about remembering Lot’s wife. Always keep looking forward.
- Repent = heal, grow, bloom, radiate.