Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve
Tuesday devotional, November 15, 2016
1/ Elder Stevenson
- Every MTC is a sacred place.
- Preach My Gospel chapter 7 urges us to seek the gifts of the Spirit, including the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues.
- Don’t be afraid to labor and struggle. He said he “wore his knees out” in prayer and thought as he tried to learn Japanese.
- Alma 26:37 — God numbers his people.
- Give thanks for Jesus and His gospel. Alma 42:15 reminds us that the life of a disciple is not easy.
- How do we show gratitude to the Lord? 1) Be a missionary in every sense 2) Magnify your purpose by INVITING people to do things. A lesson without an invitation or commitment is a waste of time.
- Be thankful for the Spirit. D&C 42:16-17. Proselyte as a threesome with the Spirit being the third person.
- Study well the last four pages of Preach My Gospel chapter 4. The spirit speaks quietly.
- The message of the restoration is a unique message. This is what we share!
- Testimony will bring the Spirit, and the Book of Mormon is tangible evidence of the truthfulness of the message we bear.
Click here to return to the General Authority speakers index
Click here to return to the MTC index page