Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve
Tuesday devotional, November 15, 2016
1/ Elder Stevenson
- Every MTC is a sacred place.
- Preach My Gospel chapter 7 urges us to seek the gifts of the Spirit, including the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues.
- Don’t be afraid to labor and struggle. He said he “wore his knees out” in prayer and thought as he tried to learn Japanese.
- Alma 26:37 — God numbers his people.
- Give thanks for Jesus and His gospel. Alma 42:15 reminds us that the life of a disciple is not easy.
- How do we show gratitude to the Lord? 1) Be a missionary in every sense 2) Magnify your purpose by INVITING people to do things. A lesson without an invitation or commitment is a waste of time.
- Be thankful for the Spirit. D&C 42:16-17. Proselyte as a threesome with the Spirit being the third person.
- Study well the last four pages of Preach My Gospel chapter 4. The spirit speaks quietly.
- The message of the restoration is a unique message. This is what we share!
- Testimony will bring the Spirit, and the Book of Mormon is tangible evidence of the truthfulness of the message we bear.