Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — November 24, 2019
1/ President LeSueur
- The theme today is rolling out the new “Missionary Standards for Disciples of Christ”
- I give my thanks to this talented young missionary who just played “O Divine Redeemer” by memory. I honor his parents who made wonderful choices for him at a young age.
- We are grateful for your service. Your sacrifices are great.
- The power of the Stripling Warriors came not from muscular strength but from spiritual strength they had in their homes.
- 3 Nephi 27:13-15 includes the teaching of Christ that “…this is my gospel…”.
2/ Presidents Hendricks and Alexander
- The Lord doesn’t ask obedience from you, but ‘for’ you.
- How can you recognize a missionary that is a true disciple of Jesus?
- He is more concerned about others than himself
- He doesn’t kick against the pricks
- His countenance radiates
- He wants to obey, not ‘has’ to obey
- Charity is a manifestation of true discipleship
- We shouldn’t just ‘go’ on a mission; we should become a missionary.
- Love the people, love the Lord.
- Missionaries are safer in the mission field than are their friends who elect not to serve and stay home.
- Become life-long disciples of Christ.
- Serving a mission is much more than just ‘checking boxes’.
- Use common sense. Do not bargain with the Lord by doing extreme things. The Lord is looking for normalcy, consistency, dependability, reliability.
- High love, high expectations.
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index