Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — November 12, 2017
1/ President Martino
- We couldn’t celebrate Christmas without Easter.
- In the Book of Mormon, there are over 100 different names for Christ.
- I will emphasize the name “Advocate”.
- During Christ’s last 24 hours in mortality, even with the agony of Gethsemane and torture of Golgatha looming ahead, Christ was still “turned outward”, always concerned with serving others. Following are examples of this –
- He initiated and participated in the Sacrament with his disciples
- He washed the feet of his disciples
- He offered an Intercessory prayer for his disciples
- He knelt in the Garden, honoring his Father’s will
- “Thy will be done, not mine”
- He healed the ear smitten off by Peter
- He prayed on the cross “Forgive them Father”
- He said to John and Mary “Behold thy mother” and “Behold thy son”
- This day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
- President Martino urged us to teach the missionaries to forget themselves and do as Christ did, always looking outward, always looking to meet the needs of others.
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index