Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — October 16, 2016
1/ Sister Carlson
- 2 Timothy 1:7 — “For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”.
- Begin with the end in mind; be in tune with spiritual promptings; be focused on your purpose as you use media or technology; be disciplined; be one.
- Act, don’t allow yourself to be acted upon (2 Nephi 2)
- The Lord is not only hastening the work in the world, but in our personal lives as well.
- Safeguards don’t apply only to devices, but to us as well.
- If you are feeling vulnerable 1) be aware of it and acknowledge it 2) Plan ahead – “When I am feeling vulnerable, I will choose to act positively by_______________ “. 3) Learn to improve over time.
- Create a safe environment 1) participate in device audits 2) have others ask you what your Safeguard Plan is 3) don’t focus on the negatives but on the positives.
2/ President Snow
- Your calling is to teach and minister.
- Read your handbooks! Study them over and over.
- Know the safeguards. Utilize your online coordinators.
- How do we utilize the 9 to 11 am time slot? Encourage the missionaries to not view ‘Mormon Messages’ inordinately.
- FFF = fan the flame of faith
- MMM = many mighty miracles
3/ President Burgess
- Our missionaries – the important aspect of our service is not the length of time but the impact we’ve had.
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index