Ecclesiastical Training — Provo Missionary Training Center — October 8, 2017
- In branch councils, try to talk more about general principles and less about individual missionaries. Follow the “recipes” on the portal.
- Book of Mormon – stress the foundational doctrine, especially the atonement.
- 524 pages of the Book of Mormon were written by prophets WHO SAW THE LORD FACE TO FACE (Nephi, Jacob, Mormon, Moroni).
- Ask – Seek – Knock (pray, study, apply)
- How do I know if I have been forgiven ? Mosiah 26:29-30, Mosiah 29:20, Moroni 6:8, Enos 5:8
- How can I learn this difficult foreign language? 2 Nephi 2:2, Ether 12:27, Alma 8:15
- What do I do with a disobedient companion? Alma 17:2-3, Mormon and Pahoran interchange in Alma 60 and 61, 3 Nephi 12, Nephi and how he dealt with Laman and Lemuel, Mosiah 2:22-24
- Am I a hypocrite in trying to tell people how to live, knowing that I fall so short of being what I should be? Alma 26 (Alma the Younger, the apostle Paul, etc)
- I don’t want to be here at the MTC — Mosiah 28:3-4, Alma 36, Mosiah 5:2, Alma 19:33
- How does prayer fit in? Alma 53:3-8, Alma 34:17-24
- What if I am shy and backward? Alma 38:12
- I am overwhelmed! 1 Nephi 4:6, Jacob 1:17, 1 Nephi 18:2, Alma 26:27
- President Martino:
- We need to fill in the gaps – the missionaries are not using the scriptures as much as they should.
- The scriptures are a second testimony.
- We and also the missionaries must use the scriptures, principle by principle.
- Notice the Show and Tell in 2 Nephi 32:3 and 5
- Sister Hinckley, during a trip to the Holy Lands, said that the trip had forcefully helped her to realize that she didn’t think enough about the Savior!
Click here to return to the Ecclesiastical training index